banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a Marshall VS100 for 75 bucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just bought a Marshall VS100 for 75 bucks!

VS100- Good enough for Mike Tempesta.

Great deal on a good amp, I say.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME! YOU PAID 75 BUCKS FOR THAT?

Comment

Great deal man!

I've heard a few local metal bands in my area running these into Marshall or Orange 4x12s, and it's usually sounded pretty good. In Flames' album Whoracle is one of my favourite metal tones of all time and it was apparently recorded with EMGs into a Valvestate head.

Hell, for $75 and a piece of sentimental value there's no way you could go wrong!
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
          bargain! Now fix the speaker on the other one - sell both and buy a real amp!
          +1
          "Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
            Great deal man!

I've heard a few local metal bands in my area running these into Marshall or Orange 4x12s, and it's usually sounded pretty good. In Flames' album Whoracle is one of my favourite metal tones of all time and it was apparently recorded with EMGs into a Valvestate head.

Hell, for $75 and a piece of sentimental value there's no way you could go wrong!
            The VS100 with EMGs and an EQ in the loop will slay. Cheap and devastatingly effective.
            Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
            I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Yup... and to make it even better I just sold my old beater VS100 for $80.00 bucks... so I was paid $5.00 to get a new amp.... not too shabby!
              Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Ah, the 2nd gen Valvestates - I owned a VS265R and a VS100R... those were my main amps in my high school years. Looking back they were OK tonally but they sure were the best bang for the buck for us kids at the time. I still think they sound better than the current valvestate stuff.

Comment

I had a VS65R as my first "real" amp. That thing was really, really nice considering what it was.

If I saw that for sale at $75 I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. That's an incredible deal. At worst it would be my backup amp.
                  Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                  Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                  Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Working...
                  X