Marshall 8412 Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 8412 Cab

I'm in the process of sorting myself out with a new amp, and it's going to be a separate head and cab. As much as I'd love a full-size 4x12, it's not really practical for me and I've been looking for 2x12's.

However, there is a Marshall 8412 cab on Ebay at the moment, and I was wondering if anybody had any experience with them, and whether it's worth getting?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: Marshall 8412 Cab

I used to own one. I bought it used when I was a young gun for my 2nd amp (AVT50). I went to trade it in and I had thought it was an AVT4x12, but I was informed it was the 8412. It was a nice size, and I often contemplate going back to it for portability reasons while still having a 4x12 look and feel. I used it with a bunch of different heads and it always sounded good. Pretty sturdy... you may or may not want to change the speakers? At the time when I owned it I hadn't played through "real" celestions yet so I can't make a comparative judgement, but speakers can always be replaced. I say give it a go.
    7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

I'd still hold out for a 1936model 2 x 12 mate.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
        Yeah, I must admit that's still my gut feeling.

Comment

I'd honestly skip out on any newer 1936, they are over priced and particle board... if you like the 1936, find an older one that's still made of plywood.

Mojotone makes a killer 2x12 bluesbreaker style cab. There are a couple on my local craigslist unloaded going for 155 bucks that a local amp builder bought but his business went under I think... I may snag one and have it be my 'pretty' cab lol.
          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
            That's my recommendation too. Plenty come up on eBay UK. If you can find an older plywood one they're the best.

I got really lucky with mine - it's a JCM800 plywood 1936. A student in Southampton was selling it with a starting price of £70. I went to look at it and asked him if he had a BIN price, expecting him to say at least £200. He asked for £90! So I gave him the cash and bundled it into the car pronto

Comment

That's the sort of deal I'm hoping for!!!

Comment

I have an 8412. I bought it because of it's size and it was only $200. It fits in the trunk of my Nissan Altima.

I like it. Makes a perfect half stack with my Mesa F-50 head. It's a killer, compact rig that fits in my car. The cab only weighs about 60lbs. I can pick it up easily.

I did a lot of research on the internet before I bought it and there were a lot of mixed reviews but for $200 I figured I'd find out for myself. I'm glad I did.

Here's a low quality video of it. You can see how compact it is compared to my JCM800 1x12 combo sitting next to it.

Last edited by Hoboman; 04-25-2010, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X