Phaser content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phaser content

If I bought another phaser right now i'd get either a 74 Phase 90 or a 75 Phase 45 but that becasue I already have a Small Stone!

I also like the Maestro Mini Phase, the fOXX Foot Faser, the Boss PH-1r, and the EH Bad Stone to name a few more.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I like the MXR family of phasers, all for different uses. I love the fast underwater warble of the Phase 100, the straight up the middle wash of the Phase 90, and the subtle beauty of the 45. These are all 70's versions, '75 Phase 45, '79 Phase 90 and '78 Phase 100.

Cheers........................................... wahwah
      Highway Star
      Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
      Mistreated
      Cause We Ended As Lovers
      Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
      Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

I voted other as I've had 5 phasers in the last few years, and still have 3 of them.

The worst of them all was a Daphon Phaser. The tone was ok, but it was stupidly noisy, verging on unusable so I got rid of it.

I also had a vintage Ibanez Phase Tone, and while it was a great sounding Phaser it was a bit too subtle and no LED on it, it was sometimes difficult to tell if the effect was even on.

I currently have a Nano EH Small Stone and a Phase 90. As someone else mentioned above I prefer the Small Stone for clean and the Phase 90 for OD/Distortion. I've still kept both instead of selling 1 of them on as I just can't decide which to keep. 1 thing I've noticed with the Phase 90 is that the input seems to clip sometimes when using humbuckers.

The only Phaser I now have on my main pedalboard is a HBE Psilocybe. With a bit of tweaking it's able to get in the ballpark of both the Small Stone and the Phase 90 so it makes it an obvious choice for main use

Comment

Phase 45's for me. I don't like 90's and Small Stones for some reason. But 45's are exactly what I love.

I have MojoHand's Nebula, their 45 take. Love that pedal.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

The 45 is indeed a magic phaser.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

The new MXR 45 is not out yet, no?

B

Comment

It hit the market offically I think Friday.

I am thinking pretty hard about getting one!

Comment

My favourites thus far (roughly in order, favourite first):

TC Nova Modulator (phaser with a touch of fast, light tremolo)
                  Boss PH-3 (rise mode)
                  Ibanez Flying Pan (apart from the pop when engaging...)
                  The police shall receive NO sandwiches!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post

Cool!

Thanks for the info bro. I think I may get one together with a Micro Flanger.

B

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post

Not 'til 07-09-2010, at least according to Musician's Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRocker View Post
                        Not 'til 07-09-2010, at least according to Musician's Friend.
                        Hmm...I stand corrected.

Comment

I have to throw my hat in the ring for the Whirlwind "Orange Box" Phase Shifter. Absolutley killer. Wet, thick...unbelievable; perfect replacement for my LONG gone Phase 90. In fact, their entire line of stuff has replaced everything else I had.

The only downside was that once my nephew heard this on my rig, it suddenly became an expensive Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                          X