No announcement yet.

Hughes and Kettner Puretone,, Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes and Kettner Puretone,, Anyone???

Has anyone here had any experience with a Puretone? The do look very cool!
    They have a SILLY high retail but I've seen them for decent $ on the used market.

!

Re: Hughes and Kettner Puretone,, Anyone???

All the Hughes and Kettners I've played have been just awesome, I just can't afford one.
    I say go for it, if you have the funds.

Comment

I had the head and 4x12 Greenback cab for a while about 5 years ago. Very nice, Very good sounding amp. I sold it for something I thought I needed more at at the time. A buddy of mine still has it and gigs with it in his Rock/Blues band with a DS-1 in the front of it.
      www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

Comment

Sounds like Led Zeppelin in a box
        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by claytonc View Post
          I had the head and 4x12 Greenback cab for a while about 5 years ago. Very nice, Very good sounding amp. I sold it for something I thought I needed more at at the time. A buddy of mine still has it and gigs with it in his Rock/Blues band with a DS-1 in the front of it.
          Could you give me an idea/opinion on the sound that you got or how it responded to your playing? In hindsight did you like it? I usually play hard/heavy rock. Wondering if it will fit the bill ( with some pedals out front of course). And I'm looking at the combo. Not a big fan of the Vintage 30 so a G12H will be going in.
          !

Comment

Working...
          X