Orange Dual Terror?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Dual Terror?

Hi all, there's one of these going at an agreeable price not too far from me and I'm wondering as to opinions and experiences with it? At this stage I'll be able to pick it up for less than the cost of a new Vox Night Train (which I'd prefer overall). Have heard clips of the Tiny Terror and thought it souded pretty good... any advice?

Re: Orange Dual Terror?

I like the orange rocker 30 better - Id get it with a 112 cab for hard rock, sounds better to my ears, looks better and has 2 channels; Ive heard/played both

Comment

Buy it, sell it, and get a night train & a valve jr

I like orange, but only the ones that got the good vintage vibe like the thunderverb and ad30, but I don't get down on the rockoverb-type modern ones, and this one is more in that style

Just my opinion
      Last edited by drew_half_empty; 06-06-2010, 11:12 PM.
      Originally posted by gibson175
      metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I had the Tiny Terror. It's a nice tube amp that capture THAT acdc sound very well, however I got tired of the simple knob tone. not versatile, not fx loop, silly looks and kinda honky sound too (may be due to the vintage 30 cab). I got rid off TT and I got a proper tube amp... Engl Thunder 50.
        my 2 øres.

Comment

Doc, are you talking about this one:

That's the lowest price I've seen so far, but if you're really keen on a Night Train then probably hold out for one of them instead. More and more good deals on Dual Terrors will pop-up over time.

I've played both the Tiny and Dual Terror, and the Dual is definitely a whole step above the TT. Bigger, louder, more headroom, fatter, smoother, gainier and more versatile. At 30 watts it's definitely a serious tube amp. I'm holding out till the end of year after finishing my degree to get my hands on one.

Take 1...An Orange Dual Terror head going through an Orange 4x12 Cab, also used a Visual Sound Open Road Overdrive pedal to give it a little extra push

PRS standard 22 played through a visual sound 'Open Road' overdrive pedal and an Orange Dual Terror 30W valve head into an Orange 4X12 cab.Featuring Greig Du...
          Last edited by Animal; 06-07-2010, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post
            are you talking about this one:
            no...

That's the lowest price I've seen so far, but if you're really keen on a Night Train then probably hold out for one of them instead. More and more good deals on Dual Terrors will pop-up over time.

I've played both the Tiny and Dual Terror, and the Dual is definitely a whole step above the TT. Bigger, louder, more headroom, fatter, smoother, gainier and more versatile. At 30 watts it's definitely a serious tube amp. I'm holding out till the end of year after finishing my degree to get my hands on one.
            yeah, watching a night train too... i think i'd want the extra valves ands switches though, after watching those. who's the player?!
            appreciate the advice.

interesting opinions all, i'll take all of that on board.
            might keep looking for a 50W mkIII.

thanks for the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by dr. ad View Post
              no...

yeah, watching a night train too... i think i'd want the extra valves ands switches though, after watching those. who's the player?!
              appreciate the advice.

interesting opinions all, i'll take all of that on board.
              might keep looking for a 50W mkIII.

thanks for the replies!
              The Orange sounds a bit "practice Amp"ish, a bit thin in the bottom end. not enough oomph!
              I'd go for a 50/60 Watt Amp at least.
              sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
              - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

note the dimensions of dual terror...alot longer than the single terror. cant fit it in a backpack etc...big and novelty looking...

there is a point to 50 watts; if your in a medium sized club with 20-30 people in tough acoustics unmiked, a little rig is not going to cut thru. 100 watts is overkill because when clubs are that packed they usually mike the guitar. but I think 30 watts with 212s would work tho if cranked for medium gigs...especially if there is another guitarist...key is dont bring a gun to a knifefight...

Comment

^ good points, guys
                  hadn't considered the dimensions...

Comment

Didn't realise this was in australia thats an awesome price. I would of bought it straight up if this was a year ago!
                    Gondola Kid
                    Bandcamp
                    Facebook
                    JimijaymesGuitarist
                    Youtube

Comment

I've played both the Tiny and Dual Terror, and the Dual is definitely a whole step above the TT. Bigger, louder, more headroom, fatter, smoother, gainier and more versatile. At 30 watts it's definitely a serious tube amp.
                      I agree. I was able to A/B the Tiny and the Dual for a good long time last week, and the Dual, even at half power, still sounds much better to my ears. Louder, clearer, ballsier...

The Tiny was priced $499. Dual was priced $729. That was like $150 off the regular price for the Dual. I almost grabbed it, but found an even better deal on the 'Bay - just over $600 USD for new in the box! It arrives tomorrow. Yes, I have the day off!
                      Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

^^^ that

gonna be an awesome day off!!

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                          ^^^ that

gonna be an awesome day off!!
                          Not at all. It's 6:30 PM, and no sign of FedEx yet.

Comment

Totally jealous, man. I ****ing love those little things. Congrats on the awesome buy.
                            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Okay, it's here! FedEx finally arrived after 7:00 PM.

Straight out of the box, it sounds killer! It's gonna be a rock n' roll weekend......

Comment

Working...
                              X