Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Talk to me about Multi-fx pedals...

I use a Boss GT-6 for 2 reasons...

Firstly it is great for home practise. Through the clean channel on my cube i can get some fairly good tones. Not every amp model on it is entirely convincing but there are a few that are pretty good. It is far more practical than cranking my 50w laney.

Secondly, i am not that big into effects these days, but every now and then i may want to use some phase, flange, whammy, fuzz or whatever. If i find myself using a particular effect loads on the boss and finding i have a real use for one then i would consider getting one of the real thing. A good way of testing the water in a way.

All those benefits said, i find it pretty hard to get it sounding good at volume (either through a guitar amp or PA). As soon as i use my laney valve amp everything automatically sounds better, even before properly dialling it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wolf View Post
      I use a Boss GT-6 for 2 reasons...

Firstly it is great for home practise. Through the clean channel on my cube i can get some fairly good tones. Not every amp model on it is entirely convincing but there are a few that are pretty good. It is far more practical than cranking my 50w laney.

Secondly, i am not that big into effects these days, but every now and then i may want to use some phase, flange, whammy, fuzz or whatever. If i find myself using a particular effect loads on the boss and finding i have a real use for one then i would consider getting one of the real thing. A good way of testing the water in a way.

All those benefits said, i find it pretty hard to get it sounding good at volume (either through a guitar amp or PA). As soon as i use my laney valve amp everything automatically sounds better, even before properly dialling it in.
      Very good points. Those units are unbeateble if you like to experiment with sounds but will never deliver the clarity and smoothness of a real amp, especially cranked loud.
      Last edited by NecroPolo; 08-18-2010, 05:21 AM.
      Wackor
      Ørdøg
      NecroPolo
      Diabolus in Musica
      SIDrip Alliance
      Book of Shadows
      RKH

Comment

I've tried and used a multi effect pedal for quite some time before I switched to individual pedals. I found the muli effect pedal some what limited and cumbersome to use. Single effect pedals simplified things for me as well as adding much more flexibility. If I don't like my chorus sound or ever felt the need to try something new, I can simply switch that pedal out & try a new one.

Problem is, I've now spent thousands building my effects board. That doesn't include patch cables and the obligatory pedal board. I have so many pedals, I acutally had to split them amongst 2 boards. I love the sound tho!

...if only there was a way to get all those sounds into one simple unit that was less expensive and easy to carry around... oh wait - that brings me back to the multi effect pedal...

...no point here. just rambling out loud.
        If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
        DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Working...
        X