School me on this Ibanez cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School me on this Ibanez cab

I have a friend who owns a music store and he can get me one of these.

Pros

Cons?

Thanks
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Like all other tonal things, "clean" is relative. Do you want "sparkling drop of spring water", or "scrape some poop off the bottom of your shoe before you walk in"?

Originally posted by KoreanGuitarMan
    Actually, shedding the blood of an actual white owl upon an altar wouldn't hurt either.

Re: School me on this Ibanez cab

The boost feature is neat, but the stock speaker blows and I'm not sure what the cab construction is like.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Shoot, that's just a cab, there ain't no built-in tubescreamer in there.

Very misleading description. Laziness on Ibanez's part.

All depends there dude...have you tried it out? What's it sound like to you? How much would you pay for it?

The stock celestion speaker in there is "meh" in my book.

The amp itself looks like a neat little idea, but the speaker cab I'd be weary of until I saw it. If it's MDF, I'd say skip it. If it's plywood and constructed well, and you like the way it sounds, it's a possibility.

Comment

WTF . . . a distortion pedal built into the cab (and thus always at the end of any effects that you play with)? That is a terrible idea.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Dude, they make guitars, I wouldn't trust them to make amps too.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            WTF . . . a distortion pedal built into the cab (and thus always at the end of any effects that you play with)? That is a terrible idea.
            Its in the head, TSA15H, not the cab, they just describe the head in the description for the cab.

Comment

Hmmm so it looks like I'm going to pass on this pice of hardware :P
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Like all other tonal things, "clean" is relative. Do you want "sparkling drop of spring water", or "scrape some poop off the bottom of your shoe before you walk in"?

Originally posted by KoreanGuitarMan
              Actually, shedding the blood of an actual white owl upon an altar wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
                Dude, they make guitars, I wouldn't trust them to make amps too.
                yea, what are those fender guys thinkin'?!!1??!
                Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
                ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Originally posted by Warheart View Post
                  Its in the head, TSA15H, not the cab, they just describe the head in the description for the cab.
                  Oh . . . bit of a misleading description then. That statement just jumped out at me as odd when I read it.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                  X