NPD!!! Too much GAS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD!!! Too much GAS!

After taking my Jet City JCA100 for a test flight (get it? har har) I decided I needed some way to give it some extra OOMPH, so I went down to the music store, tried a Boss SD-1, an MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive and an Ibanez TS-9 and played around with them for about 45 mins or so on a Soldano Hot Rod.

I decided that the Boss had a weird fizziness that I didn't like.

The Zakk Wylde overdrive was loud and aggressive, but despite it being useful, I couldn't really tell why I didn't like it. Just didn't have the right feel.

The TS-9 was great, musical, punchy, wasn't as bass-heavy as the Wylde, and it had a really nice fizziness when used on the overdrive channel.

So I grabbed it along with some extra patch cords that I've been meaning to get

Re: NPD!!! Too much GAS!

Congrats. I've become somewhat of an od boost whore lately. I currently have 4 different ones on my board right now.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

What?! A tubescreamer into a hot tube amp sounds good?!

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

hahahahahaha I know eh?

Comment

haha kool. personally i don't like running my valveking straight up without anything, i usually have my mxr OD(ts copy) on to give my tone some midrange punch on the cleans and some extra crunch and clarity on the dirt channel. ah lurv having an overdrive or three
          Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
          ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

Working...
          X