Want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Want

i finally got to try a class 5 a few weeks ago. i was impressed it is a lot louder than i expected. you have to crank it to get any break up though. but it is one of the amps i am considering.

Comment

The other guitarist in my band had one ... actually two (read on for explanation) ... for two weeks.

His first one had a nasty sympathetic vibration in the chassis that made a rattling sound whenever he hit a note.

He returned it to the store and had them exchange it for another one. The other one developed the exact same problem.

He looked into it online, and apparently it's a very common issue with these amps. Lots of them are being sent back. There were a lot of posts about how to fix the problem with foam, mods, and so on. He refused to do any work to fix an amp that clearly had a flawed design and returned the second one for a refund.

It did sound good though.
      Band: www.colouredanimal.com
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
      Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Yeah, I've heard of the rattling issues with them as well. and I don;t blame your friend one bit. I'm hopefull Marshall will get that cleared up (edit- in the PGS video they show the tubes with what looks to be more support/cushion- I wonder if thats new)

I see they are coming out with this nifty new color as well

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I played a Class 5 not too long ago. It's rubbish. Sounds terrible and looks cheaply made.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

well for $399 I'm not expecting roadworthy, but that the first time I've heard someone say they sound awful, Ben- what didn't you like about it, tonally? All the clips I've heard (well recorded ones) make it sound pretty nice- kinda 1974(18W)-ish but with more low end.

Comment

Working...
            X