Univox 6x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Univox 6x12

I am looking for a Univox 6x12. Does anybody have one?

Re: Univox 6x12

wow
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I wish.

So I built this... it's more practical, but it's not the same.

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

nope

but I like your style

I think Electric is making 6x12's, may wanna check em out. They're a bit pricey though
        Originally posted by gibson175
        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

12 x 12

Comment

Hope you wanna spend a lot for a 6x12

Moss Amps has been building some of the best sounding and looking hand wired guitar amplifiers available since 2007.
            Ibanez S520-> NS2->TS9 (Monte Allums Modded)->JCA100H->Emi Texas Heat 4x12

Comment

Emperor makes them, Sunn and Orange used to. Good luck though, I've wanted one for ever, never found one that I could afford.

Comment

I didn't even know that Univox made a 612. I still have the brains for a model 65 from the late 70s, and back then I thought it was a *****in' amp, but I've got a lot of better sounding amps now...
                www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Rich,

Where did you get that tolex? It looks like a pretty close match! Nice work.

Thank you

Mario

Comment

I got it from YourAutoTrim.com. It's not a close a match as you think, but it gives the general impression of Univox-ness. It's a softer vinyl than Tolex, so it's more boutique-ee.

If you want details, PM me. They don't keep these colors in stock any more, but I have an e-mail saved telling me what they are, so they can special-order them if I ever need more.
                    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                    Rich Stevens

Comment

Well, this will get you 2/3rds of the way there... http://cgi.ebay.com/1970s-All-Tube-H...item1c14b679b6

For all you non-believers, here's a catalog cut:

IIRC, one of these babies (or was it a pair?) sold on eBay several years ago with matching red Anvil case(s). The name of somebody famous was stenciled on them, but the details are fuzzy. There's probably an ancient thread with my name on it somewhere in the bowels of the SDUGF.

It might have been these guys:

Last edited by Rich_S; 08-28-2010, 09:02 PM.
                      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                      Rich Stevens

Comment

That's my very ad (the one with the writing on it)! I have the original that was scanned in to the Univox Page.

I know exactly the e-bay auction you are referring to. It was October 2002 and it was a Jeff Beck Cab. I was offered that cab from the guy that sold me the matching head. Like a fool I didn't take it - I didn't realize how scarce they were!

Comment

Come on over and bring some plywood. Let's build one.

Somewhere around here, I have a blue-and-red tri-fold brochure for those amps, framed. I need to find it and hang it on my office wall.
                          Last edited by Rich_S; 08-29-2010, 07:25 PM.
                          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                          Rich Stevens

Comment

Freedom Guitar...frickin jokers. I can't lie and say they don't have the coolest stuff in San Diego, but I also can't lie and say everything in that store isn't WAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced.

Comment

What about Freedom guitar? I'll give them a call. Is that a suggestion or do they have one?

Comment

Working...
                              X