Squeeling Vox Wah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeeling Vox Wah

I bought an amp second-hand earlier today (Marshall VS102R, not the greatest amp in the world but cheap and loud).
    As I was leaving the guy who sold it to me ran out of the house with a box of leads and the titular Vox Wah saying I could have them if I wanted since he was selling all his gear and said I could have them for free if I wanted since he had no idea if they still worked.

Took it home and tested it: a little bit of crackle during movement which is expected, but a hum that incresed the further I pressed the pedal down, ending with an almighty squeel from hell.

After huddling in the corner recouperating I took the back off and cleaned the insides out.
    I tried it without the backplate and it was fine a part from the crackle. Put the plate back on and the squeel returned...

Any ideas?
    Last edited by AdamBrad; 08-27-2010, 11:34 AM.
    Originally posted by Aceman
    In Metal we learn that "This one goes to 11", and that 11 is one more than 10.

Re: Squeeling Vox Wah

maybe you plugged it in backwards

tripped me out the first time I did that
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Well, I'd like to think I managed to read the writing saying "AMPLIFIER" and "INSTRUMENT"
      Originally posted by Aceman
      In Metal we learn that "This one goes to 11", and that 11 is one more than 10.

Comment

Re: Squealing Vox Wah

two things to check.... one is the plate you took off, look at the hinge it is attached to, try lubing that hinge. It will make a squealing noise that can feedback into the amp. Second is the pot itself. Try spraying Deoxit into it and see if that also fixes the issue.

Now its three..... check the output jack, if you lose connection there it could cause issues too. It will be different than the input jack. One is longer than the other.
        Last edited by briggleman; 08-27-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Now its three..... check the output jack, if you lose connection there it could cause issues too. It will be different than the input jack. One is longer than the other.
          I had a problem with my wah making noise and the jacks just needed tightening sometimes little easy things can cause problems, wahs are pretty simple so you should be able to fix it
          Gondola Kid
          Bandcamp
          Facebook
          JimijaymesGuitarist
          Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X