I bought a Powerblock today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a Powerblock today

Just for the hay of it. I don't even want it. I though it was kind of cool, and it was 50 bucks which was do-able fro me now. Guess that leads me to ask what Duncan Tube pedal would warm this thing up?
    Ive been slowly accumulating a small arsenal of solid state stuff..just old 80's Peavey and Kustom.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: I bought a Powerblock today

i got my powerblock new for $80 and its probably the best $80 ive ever spent. its saved my ass so many times in so many ways its not funny.

Comment

Thats that tiny ass really loud crate head right? any good?

Comment

I dont much care for the sound I get from plugging in the front end, but it makes a great power amp for my GT-8 when plugging into bthe effects return.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Cherish your Powerblock! I bought one a few years ago when they were on sale for $99.00. I barely ever use it but its great to know that it's always there if I need it.
          Donnie
          ---------
          VVT Raptor 60W

Comment

Yep, I've got one and it's got me out of trouble on a couple of occassions and with a Crunchbox and Keeley Fuzz head I didn't sound too bad! Lol

Comment

what's a powerblock?

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                what's a powerblock?
                a hundred plus watt amp head the size of an alarm clock.
                play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                  what's a powerblock?
                  Shop our selection of instruments, musical equipment & supplies. Get the lowest prices & free shipping on most orders. Check back daily for special savings.

Comment

Last weekend at the Nashville Amp Expo, the Red Iron Amps suite had a Buffer2 between a POD and a Power Block. The sound was MASSIVE! It was hard rock/metal. It was the sound of a cranked tube amp. Having the tube buffer in the signal chain makes the difference.

Link: http://www.redironamps.com/buffer.html
                    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
                      Last weekend at the Nashville Amp Expo, the Red Iron Amps suite had a Buffer2 between a POD and a Power Block. The sound was MASSIVE! It was hard rock/metal. It was the sound of a cranked tube amp. Having the tube buffer in the signal chain makes the difference.

Link: http://www.redironamps.com/buffer.html
                      Yeah, those things can make any solid state sound liek a tube... pretty sweet if you ask me!
                      Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                      Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I had a crate powerblock last year, and I wasn't impressed with it at all. I read a lot of things about it online - how great it was at this and that. So I had some expectations that it would work out for a portable and lightweight setup. Luckily, I was able to unload it locally and got my money back on it.

Comment

The one I tried was not too shabby IMHO. I had a legit 50's strat plugged right into the front end, so I think the incredible guitar sound may have had something to do with the great impression it left me with. I'd buy one if I were a musician (ie played music for money).

Comment

Aside from wattage, which would be more desirable - soundwise: a Crate Powerblock or an EHX 22 Caliber?
                            Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
                            I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
                              Aside from wattage, which would be more desirable - soundwise: a Crate Powerblock or an EHX 22 Caliber?
                              Powerblock

Comment

Working...
                              X