My Gear:
    ESP LTD Ec-50 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
    Ibanez RGR321EX w/ Tesla VR-Extreme
    Custom Squier strat
    Roland MicroCube
    Kustom KLA20r
    Joyo Crunch Distortion

Re: Digitech RP255 or RP355?

I'm suspecting the 3 one has more features. if the prices aren't too different, go for that one! I do recommend line 6 in the recording department though.

Comment

i mean

do you want a cupcake with frosting

or do you want a cupcake with frosting and sprinkles?
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

What I like about the RP355 is the 3rd pedal for the A/B amp. You can stay in rhythm mode until the lead is needed and then by tapping the pedal can go straight to leads with the same tone. Plus you get the stompbox mode which allows you to have delay, distortion, or Chorus/FX at your beck and call.

This review on Musiciansfriend says it best:
        The RP355 has some extras that make it even more powerful for both recording and live performances. Balanced XLR line outs ensure you're ready for any situation a sound man can throw at you, while the Stompbox Footswitch mode gives you the convenience of turning distortion, chorus, and delay effects on or off with the tap of your toe, just as you would with a stompbox. With the most I/O, models, and control of all the new RP units, the RP355 is clearly the choice for the gigging, pro-level guitarist who needs an easily accessible universe of tone.

The other item which is great about the Rp355 over the RP255 is the balanced XLR Stereo outs. You can run straight to the mixer or board for recording or to the PA.

This is one of the multi effects pedals that I started with, and it has served me well. I can recommend it.

Brad

Comment

I have the 255 and I have zero complaints about it, I've never been too keen on Digitech's stuff but I love the 255. It's a really great piece of equipment to have.

Comment

what about the RP155?
            any love for that?
            "Greetings from Malaysia !"
            http://www.youtube.com/aneyekay1
            My Gear:
            ESP LTD Ec-50 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
            Ibanez RGR321EX w/ Tesla VR-Extreme
            Custom Squier strat
            Roland MicroCube
            Kustom KLA20r
            Joyo Crunch Distortion

Comment

lol I've used an rp80 for 3 years... if what you need is some basic but decent amp/cab modeling, a wide palette of effects that sound pretty believable, a lot of easy to use presets and switching, and a VERY basic drum machine (use like a metronome for practice), all for a good price, you can't go wrong with the RP series.
              If the RP80 from a few years ago is as useable as it is, I'm sure the ones you mentioned will be OK.
              I woudn't say "built like a tank", but it's gonna last you a few years if you don't beat it up. they're not bad at all.
              Just get the best one you can afford and don't look back.

Comment

I use a 355 for practicing but it sounds great through my keyboard amp so I'm pretty sure a gig would be snap with it or straight to the board. The usb recording is easy too. I like the multiple outputs, headphone jack and aux in too. Has a drum machine, 20 sec looper and the a/b switching in each patch is great too.

Comment

Digitechs Multieffects are pretty good. I've never liked anyone elses multi effects if it matters at all.
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by aneyekay1 View Post
                    what about the RP155?
                    any love for that?
                    It's okay, if you edit the cabs to match the amp. I suggest the Vox ST though, far better bang for the buck than any of the Digitechs imo.
                    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
                    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Working...
                    X