Zvex Inventobox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zvex Inventobox?

Find what you are looking for at Guitar Center with the GuitarCenter.com site map. Browse by product, brand and more

Re: Zvex Inventobox?

I don't really know what the hell it is but it looks awesome...
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
      I don't really know what the hell it is but it looks awesome...
      That's exactly the point...

Comment

ZVEX makes guitar effects pedals, bass pedals, and amps. Shop our unique products here.
        Originally posted by gibson175
        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

There was a review of the pedal in last month's premier guitar mag...I think you can still download the issue/

Comment

I watched some of the videos. It seems that you are locked into the modules. What exactly do you get to invent?

In any case, it looks like it would be more fun to build than to play...
            Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
            I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by macki View Post
              There was a review of the pedal in last month's premier guitar mag...I think you can still download the issue/

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
                I watched some of the videos. It seems that you are locked into the modules. What exactly do you get to invent?

In any case, it looks like it would be more fun to build than to play...
                Well I mean there are only three modules as of now, but the pedal's so new that none of us even know wtf it does, so I'm guessing in the near future we're gonna see more modules and be able to have octave fuzz delays and chorus compressors, which'd be pretty cool.

Plus it's sort of inventive in that you can change pot values and stuff, I mean that has a drastic effect on the overall sound

props to Z for finding a way to appeal to 4 gear trends at once--DIY, mods, pedalboard real estate (by offering 2 pedals in one), and botique stuff
                Originally posted by gibson175
                metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty View Post
                  Well I mean there are only three modules as of now, but the pedal's so new that none of us even know wtf it does, so I'm guessing in the near future we're gonna see more modules and be able to have octave fuzz delays and chorus compressors, which'd be pretty cool.

Plus it's sort of inventive in that you can change pot values and stuff, I mean that has a drastic effect on the overall sound

props to Z for finding a way to appeal to 4 gear trends at once--DIY, mods, pedalboard real estate (by offering 2 pedals in one), and botique stuff
                  It's interesting and unique, I'll give you that. But, as I get older, I am more interested in useful. I'm gonna wait and see what other people think of it after some gig time...

Comment

I'm a big fan of ZVex stuff in general, but I'm not sure I really get the point of this.
                    Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                    Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I would be kind of cool to step on a single pedal and have all your effects kick in within a small little box. Say your lead tone is a gate, delay, overdrive, boost, you could just step on one little pedal and they all kick in once. Looks like it has channel two so that could be a compressor, delay, chorus for clean. Guess it might be another option to the multieffects or tap dancing on your pedal board.

Comment

The part that triggers my laugh sequence is that ZVex was one of the first people to insist and make an agreement with a certain DIY stompbox forum owner that none of his pedals' schematics would be posted on the site. Other builders however were fair game. That's why I find this interesting... since when did ZVex actually encourage DIYing? Anyway, it's a breadboard inside two welded together boxes and you are forced to use his modules, which appear to have surface mount components. Happy DIYing indeed "Wanna call yourself a DIYer without having to learn sh!t?!!" should be the sales pitch.

EDIT: this post reads much more harshly than I intended. ZVex makes good stuff but I find this odd considering the history I've witnessed
                        Last edited by joelap; 09-02-2010, 07:22 PM.
                        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by Top Jimmy View Post
                          I would be kind of cool to step on a single pedal and have all your effects kick in within a small little box. Say your lead tone is a gate, delay, overdrive, boost, you could just step on one little pedal and they all kick in once. Looks like it has channel two so that could be a compressor, delay, chorus for clean. Guess it might be another option to the multieffects or tap dancing on your pedal board.
                          An easier way is to use a true bypass loop. I just spec'ed the parts on smallbear and including shipping to your door and the soldering skills of a retarded monkey you're done for $23.60 and you can stick whatever pedal you want in that loop.
                          7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

looks like a well-built breadboard in a pedal format. nice idea, but for 40 bucks (or less) you could make one that lays flat with more room to work. the ends of the jumper cables typically end up breaking off from repeated handling as well.
                            Last edited by DankStar; 09-03-2010, 08:16 AM.

Comment

What's great about the pedal is that it's open source, so anyone can design and sell modules for it.

I think it's a great idea and would love to get my hands on one to experiment with. It is pricey, however, even by z.vex standards.

I'm interested to see what becomes of the technology, tho.
                              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                              X