Need some help with my new BoR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help with my new BoR

So I just got the Zvex Box of Rock that I ordered off Ebay - used, not new. Seller said it was in great condition, and it looks mint. Then I plugged it in.

For starters, when the effect is bypassed, I get no signal at all. (For the record, I'm testing it out with only guitar --> cable --> BoR --> cable --> amp. No battery - powered by a 1-spot.) Then, for some reason, the Distortron side puts out almost no signal unless the volume is at about 12 'o clock. I turned the amp up to see what it sounded like, and it was horrible - it sounded like there was some kind of bad phaser on the distortion or something.

However, when I turn on the boost, everything works fine. It sounds amazing - also amazingly loud, but amazing nonetheless.

Any suggestions? Does it sound like I got screwed?
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: Need some help with my new BoR

I have no idea what to tell you w/o seeing it and hearing it myself except that I think you got taken...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

yeah man that thing is messed up

fried wires? dirty such and suches?

i would try it with a battery and see what that does?
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Yeah, mess with it a bit.

Try it with a battery.

Try it by itself.

Switch the order of pedals??
        Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
        Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          I have no idea what to tell you w/o seeing it and hearing it myself except that I think you got taken...
          Hate to say it but this could be the case. Some people have no regard for others.
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

ya! other musicians have done that to me on ebay before. try and return it dude!! whatever u do, dont try to fix it.

Comment

It boken.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

I tried it with a battery - no luck. I sent a message to the seller detailing the problems - he doesn't accept returns though. If he won't fix it, how exactly does buyer protection work?
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Contact the buyer and E Bay and get your money back! Worst case scenario contact ZVEX and have them fix it....Great pedal and worth fixing!
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
                  X