Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet

Fender's given the hot rod amps a makeover. Nicer looking cosmetics all around, and:
    Pro Jr: New "low-noise" shielding, better tube retainers (wait, were they there at all before?
    Blues Jr: some kind of circuit mod called "sparkle" (probably a mid-range reduction?) and a speaker out (dunno if that's new or not)
    Hot rod deluxe/deville: here's the good sh*t. They put audio pots on the drive master volume and the treble knob, so no more "0-60 in 3 seconds" with the drive channel, and the drive has apparently been revoiced to be tighter.

No wonder the online stores have been blowing out fender hot rod amps for $50 and $100 off.

Most of the stuff looks like marketing/appearances, but putting the "correct" pots on the HRDx really, really improves the functionality of that one.
    Can't wait to see what this "sparkle" mod does to the BJr.

Re: Can't believe this hasn't been brought up yet

looks good, can't wait 'til we get'em in
    Yo, i'm Ryan™.

https://www.facebook.com/patchworklv
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=der6aGGzQTk
    ^link to 7 tracks of my band, Patchwork

Comment

I have No love for the Hot Rod series here- although there are many that would disagree with me.
      It might be too late for Fender to make the improvements, there is already a bad taste in a lot of folks mouth over the HR series. Fender sure took a long time to make the changes that should have been there in the first place.

I'd venture to say, w/o looking at a schematic, the 'sparkle' is probably a 'presence' control.
      " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Originally posted by marvar View Post
        I'd venture to say, w/o looking at a schematic, the 'sparkle' is probably a 'presence' control.
        right i'd think that too but there's no new knobs on the blues jr

Comment

Sweet. Price aint bad either.

Comment

The video on that website has to be one of the worst demos I've ever seen.
            Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
            I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
              right i'd think that too but there's no new knobs on the blues jr
              They could easily add a little "presence" without putting a control on the amp.

Originally posted by marvar View Post
              It might be too late for Fender to make the improvements, there is already a bad taste in a lot of folks mouth over the HR series.
              I'm so glad you didn't say the BJ left a bad taste in people's mouths.
              Now operating part time: Glassman Tube Amps...repairs, rebuilds, restorations & modifications of tube equipment.

Still building: GlassMan Amplifiers (25 watt, all tube, single channel w/reverb, single 12" combo) and some more designs in the works.

Located in Fort Wayne, IN

Note: I've "parked" my website in case anyone has been looking for it. I moved locations and haven't updated the site to reflect this.

Comment

probably just like a bright switch - its just that you hear the word "sparkle" all over forums, so my guess is thats why they chose that rather than "bright". "sparkle" these days is considered good and "bright" is not. its just lingo.
                Good move fixing the volume pot tho of the hrd. -
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                X