Honeymoon... Pro Junior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeymoon... Pro Junior

Man, I still am loving my Pro Junior. I always tried to be respectful in music stores... Never turned an amp above 2 or so...

And this was my first tube amp that I owned and I crank it every chance I get.
    I never really experienced a tube amp full out and I love the tones I'm getting every time I plug in.

Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Re: Honeymoon... Pro Junior

I still haven't had the pleasure of playing one. So at what point on the volume does it start to get really crunchy? Where do you like the tone knob?

Comment

Nothing beats the punchy cleans of a Fender, and I mean that quite literally. I've never heard even boutique 5000.00 amps get the same Fender Silverface sparkle. maybe some are more balckface style and refined I'm sure, and beautiful in their own right, but they arent Fender!
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Congrats man, I'm glad you're still digging the amp.
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

At one time I had 2 Pro Juinors that I used to play through in stereo...No problem filling a room with those amps....1 was blonde and the other tweed...
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseG4 View Post
            I still haven't had the pleasure of playing one. So at what point on the volume does it start to get really crunchy? Where do you like the tone knob?
            It starts to break up at 4/5 and around 7 it can get some really sweet rock tones. ACDC isn't my favorite band but I can nail the tones at 8. I can get the Who tones at 5/6 on the amp.

I really use the tone knob anywhere I feel comfortable with. Even at 12 the tone isn't harsh. It's bright but it doesn't hurt your ears... It's not like a normal control that adds highs. It is more of like starting off really birght and rolling the highs off if that makes any sense. I usually have it at 3/4 for blues and 5/6 for rock stuff.
            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X