Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa Cabs...

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    Have you thought about a pair of 212 cabs?
    Yes, but I'm not really interested in the idea. I'd rather carry one piece of gear than two.

A pair of Horizontal Recto 212 V30 cabs make for a compact half stack. I use a HR 212 cab under my Maverick 212 combo, and it adds a lot of low-end punch to an amp that is normally a little bass-shy. And it's portable! Lots easier to deal with a pair of 212s than trying to fit a 412 into the back of your Civic.

I drive a Tacoma, so size is a moot point.

Or, if you really need the option of the slant cab, consider a pair of Vertical Recto 212s. Same advantages, slightly differerent tone, and again...V30s.

Looked at them, but they're nearly as large as a 4x12... so much so that I might as well use a 4x12.

I personally think the old Mesa Half-Back 412s and 212s are some of the best sounding cabs ever made.

I've always wanted one. My buddy had one and it was a great sounding cab. If one ever comes up locally I'd grab it, but I live in a place where Peavey, Marshall and Fender are considered 'high end'.

I'd be really interested in hearing which of their cabs Mesa recommends with the Mark V head; but I'd guess they would probably recommend the Stiletto cab.

I believe the widebody cab lines are the one's specific to Marks.

But yeah... Stiletto or Recto (cab)... I don't know which one they'd say.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

another thing to think about is weight/bulk

a 212 orange cab weighs 75 pounds. if you want to jam and gig alot, its better to go lightweight.

Comment

I already own a 2x12 and a couple of 1x12s.

Beyond that, I have a physical job, so moving 4x12s isn't that big a deal.

Comment

thats cool man! I used to load and unload my 80 pound 410 for every practice till I got sick of that, it just collects dust until gig day now. Sounds like you have a heavy metal guitar disneyland at your place and wont be bringing a gun to a knife fight with all the variety there

Comment

get a cheep 412 and put 4 ev's in it
            I Build My own Guitars
            know duncan...know tone
            no duncan...no tone
            Originally posted by Warheart
            First problem right there! letting drummers write lyrics!

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
              thats cool man! I used to load and unload my 80 pound 410 for every practice till I got sick of that, it just collects dust until gig day now. Sounds like you have a heavy metal guitar disneyland at your place and wont be bringing a gun to a knife fight with all the variety there
              Yeah... I used to only have a 4x12 before. It's not so much the weight that bugs me, but the inappropriateness of showing up at someone's house to jam with a 100w halfstack that takes up half the space in their living room.

Comment

Working...
              X