JTM45 - Ceriatone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTM45 - Ceriatone

Most know that I purchased a Ceriatone JTM45 that was partially built from a friend in Singapore.

Fast forward three years… While I did not have patience to sit down and built (Attempt to fix) this amp, I finally got down to doing exactly that and fixed the miss-wiring problems that the original kit builder made when he tried to build this amp.

Problem was present when I purchased it as a partially built kit and as it had been assembled, it made a lot of crackling noise and tone was very weak. Turns out that there was three wiring mistakes, most pots were burnt from overheating by the previous owner, and two capacitors overheated with one lead broken, but one was still workable (I since replaced both).

Amp now sound strong and clear at low volumes and has that rock sound when cranked. This is played through a 4X12 Marshall cab and also tried through the Bluesbreaker combo’s speakers.

It is a very loud sucker and sounds close the my Celtic Edana and Bluesbreaker RI, but no where close to my original Beano bluesbreaker.

There still is a slight buzz in this amp that is not present in the other amps, but it disappears when playing (Possible ground issue or just how the wiring is run)

I did not try to contact Nik at Ceriatone, and did think about sending this amp to Scott_F or Jeff Seal for a while…

Anyway, Nik uses high quality components, Nik’s transformers are amde in Malaysia and are quite heavy.

It unfortunately is fourth in the line of these particular model of amps.

I now need a cabinet for it.

Bottom line - Good amps if you know how to build them, and the tone is very close to old school Marshall.
    Last edited by Stratman; 09-10-2010, 07:21 AM.
    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.
Working...
X