Recording with a multi effect - problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording with a multi effect - problems

I've recently bought a multi effect - a Zoom G1U. Works great (for a digital pedal) and there's no problem when I plug it to the computer through the USB - it can actually take its power from there.

The only problem is, when I press the record button on the programs that came with it, there are sudden background noises and even little jumps when I play that stay on the recorded track.

Can any one tell me the cause of the problem? is it because the sound-card on the device is a little weak? is there something I can do about it?

Re: Recording with a multi effect - problems

What computer/OS are you using, sounds like it's an issue with that, not the pedal. You may be having resource issues, may need to increase the buffer size which will unfortunately increase latency.

Comment

Kind of a no brand but with an Intel Dual Core processor, Windows 7 OS. Any other important details I should provide?

Comment

Try it through a USB hub that has it's own power.

The port from the computer seems to give insufficient power.

Comment

in the program you're using look under hardware preferencse or settings and check what the audio driver is. I've found that with some systems you need to use ASIO in order to get good results.
          my soundclick page

Comment

/\ Definitely check the drivers too. Also, how much RAM do you have?

Comment

Sounds like you are overloading the ASIO to me, too.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

2 GB RAM.
                32 bit operating system.

Seems like the Ableton program uses the ASIO, it is selcted under "driver type".

I need to get a powered USB hub like uOpt suggested anyway - I have problem with the USB ports on the front panel... the back panel works great - think that it might be the problem?

What can I do about overloading the ASIO?

Comment

It's usually best not to use a hub for a recording interface, usually best to plug straight into the computer. The Zoom is powered so I don't think USB power is the problem. Sounds more like a driver issue.

Comment

Didn't he say he's USB powered?

I have big trouble here with a mini USB powered headphone amp when not using a power supply.

Comment

I use it straight into the computer. Plug it into the rear panel - where there is more power. I do want to try it through a powered hub... heard good things about them as a general solution.

What can I do about the driver? I've tried to play with the buffer definitions on the program, doesn't give you a lot of flexibility. Didn't really hear any improvement in any setting but I guess I can give a shot to each of them and see if it improves something.

Comment

Working...
                      X