Boss TU3 vs. Korg Pitch Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss TU3 vs. Korg Pitch Black

I've got a pitchblack and I love it. Can't comment on the others tho......
    Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
    "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Stick with the original and still the best. Boss TU-2
      Originally posted by grumptruck
      No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
      Originally posted by Gear Used
      PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
      Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
      Mesa Stiletto Ace
      Gurus 5015
      Mesa Widebody 1X12
      Pedalboard

Comment

Pitchblack.

Comment

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH BLAAAAAAAAAAACK TUNEEEEEER.

bullet proof! and i havent changed batteries in like a year!

Comment

I will have to be one of the "other votes" also.

I have heard and seen great reviews on the Turbo Tuner from Sonic Research, so if I were in the market, I would check that one out.

Now here is what I presently own,
            1) Hardwire pedal tuner
            2) Korg something-30 plug in tuner
            3) Boss TU-15 plug in tuner
            4) Cherub clip on Tuner I think the model is a xx-523
            5) Tuners built into the RP355 and Zoom A2 multi effect pedals

NOW MY FAVORITE: SNARK CLIP ON TUNER

Its a clip on tuner and I use it for my electrics and acoustics, it works fantastic, is out of the way, and just plain works, deadly accurate. CHEAP TOO!!! It is very stable when tuning also, not all over the place like others I have used. You can pick them up for about $15 bucks with shipping on Amazon.com

I am not affiliated with this company or sponsor, or stock holder. This is really a great little tuner.

If you have to have a pedal tuner, I would go with the Hardwire. I own it and it works well and stays out of the signal path with its true bypass switching. I would still check out the Turbo tuner. It may be much better but I am just going by the reviews online.

Brad
            Last edited by briggleman; 09-14-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I'm looking at this one: http://www.ibanez.com/electronics/model-LU20

$40, true bypass, it's a tuner... I had a TU-2, those are nice too, the 3 seems better with better resolution, +/- 1 instead of +/- 3. The strobe mode is great for setting intonation and stuff. I like the idea of TB on my pedalboard though, I already have a buffer on there.

Comment

Back to the original topic, Pitchblacks are $89.99 at GC and there is a $20 rebate from Korg!

Comment

I went from the TU-2 to the TU-3. We did a lot of outdoor festivals last year, and the TU-2 was too hard to see in bright sunlight. The TU-3 is more accurate; and certainly more visible in sunlight. But I find it somewhat more dificult to use than the TU-2, pehaps because of the change in accuracy. Takes a little more time and effort to get it "just right". I can't say I'm disappointed with the TU-3 at all, it does exactly what I bought it to do.

Still, I may go buy a Korg and try that out. The $20 rebate makes it a great deal.

Bill

I considered the Pitchblack and the Sonic Research Turbo Tuner.
                  When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                    Anybody tried one of these? http://www.guitarfetish.com/IN-STOCK...HT_p_1084.html

Looks like a good basic tuner for $35, yeah, it's made in china, just like all the rest of them...
                    I voted "other" for this one. It has a half-step adjustment, is easy to see, true bypass, and is a bargain for $39.95. I've had it for a couple of months an it works well.

Warmoth Thinline HH Tele w/ 59/Cust Hybrid & 59/Jazz Hybrid
                    Warmoth Swamp Ash Chambered Tele w/ Crazy 8, Dream 90, & PG/Jazz Hybrid
                    Yamaha FGX 720SC
                    Rogue Classic Spider Resonator
                    Traynor YCV 40,

Comment

Working...
                    X