Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what speaker would pair up well with a G12T-75 in a vertical slant 212

Originally posted by PVFan View Post
    so you guys are saying that speakers in series will only work as much and have as much output as the weakest link in the chain? a 400w speaker + a 75w speaker would produce a max 75w each, for a total of 150w ?
    In series the max power handling is that of the weakest link, so in this case 75w. In parallel (which is typically how most 2x12's seem to be wired in my experience) the max power handling would be twice that of the weakest link, so if the T75 is the lowest then it would be a max of 150w.

Plus, I believe the actual output of the speaker has more to do with the efficiency of the speaker than its power handling. The wattage rating has to do with how much power it can handle without damaging the speaker, not necessarily how loud it is.

Comment

Originally posted by greatbob6 View Post
      In series the max power handling is that of the weakest link, so in this case 75w. In parallel (which is typically how most 2x12's seem to be wired in my experience) the max power handling would be twice that of the weakest link, so if the T75 is the lowest then it would be a max of 150w.

Plus, I believe the actual output of the speaker has more to do with the efficiency of the speaker than its power handling. The wattage rating has to do with how much power it can handle without damaging the speaker, not necessarily how loud it is.
      quote: "The wattage rating has to do with how much power it can handle without damaging the speaker"

yes, this is the biggest reason I am asking specifically about high-powered ones, for 2 ZT amps in stereo, each with these specs:

120w rms
      180w sustained average music
      220w musical peak
      221w max instantaneous peak

the ZT roars out of my 270 watt Bogner cab. It feels a little constipated out of a single T-75 speaker, but sounded great as heck with a Vox 112 cube w/ much smaller Greenback. I am trying to have power handling overhead, but not so much that my tone is clanky.
      tele / wolfie
      pittbull 50cl
      greenbacks

Comment

Celestion CLassic Lead 80. 80 watts. Plays good cop.
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
          celestion classic lead 80. 80 watts. Plays good cop.
          +1
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
          ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

thought about the Lead 80. I didn't like it in Fender's Bandmaster VM 2x12 complement. Switching to any cab to the left or right of it was an improvement. Seemed really loose with the bass end.

the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the K-100 & T-75 together, on paper.
            tele / wolfie
            pittbull 50cl
            greenbacks

Comment

now that I've tried my $199 Avatar 1x12 out, I may just get another one for this T-75, and get rid of my 412 and 212. I kinda like T-75s. Maybe more than V30s.
              tele / wolfie
              pittbull 50cl
              greenbacks

Comment

Working...
              X