No announcement yet.

Which of these amps is being used here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these amps is being used here?

he's got a bogner, a fender super sonic and i think a diezel... do any of those tones stand out as any of those amps, or is it too hard to tell?

Re: Which of these amps is being used here?

Thats a pretty standard "rock" sound IMO. Your JCM 800 should be able to do that tone pretty easily.
    - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
    Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
    Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
    I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

He's probably got all of them running at once but Dave is still talking as i type this.

now he's playing and yeah...that's a huge tone that's got some EL34 and 6L6 flavors...he's probably got all the heads dialed in to compliment eachother.

That's what you should do with your JCM800 and Hot Rod. Set the JCM800 to a medium-crunchy tone that compliments the Hot Rod's clean AND dirty channels.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I know a dude who used to tech for them and i think at the time they all played mesa dual recs

also, I don't think it's all that huge; all i hear is mids
        Originally posted by gibson175
        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

I know the Bogner sound in my sleep, and I didn't hear the Shiva...plus the jewel light wasn't on.

The Fender amp on top was miced, with jewel light on, and I'm assuming it's a Pro Tube Series Pro Reverb, VM or something...not a Supersonic. That's probably the only amp that's running. No other jewel lights are on.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

yeah i guess the letterman stage probly doesn't need three sets of 100w heads hmm...
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
              I know the Bogner sound in my sleep, and I didn't hear the Shiva...plus the jewel light wasn't on.

The Fender amp on top was miced, with jewel light on, and I'm assuming it's a Pro Tube Series Pro Reverb, VM or something...not a Supersonic. That's probably the only amp that's running. No other jewel lights are on.
              In the road case where the bogner is, there's a head at the bottom, which is the super sonic.

and you're kind of right... i could have sworn i saw the SS on but now I kind of can't... how can he get so much gain out of a fender combo, if thats what he's using?

at 0:55, you can see that the red jewel light on the super sonic is on. the jewel light is on. the right side of the panel.

at 2:15, you can see the blue jewel light on, on the Shiva.

there's no diezel. he used to use one, but it's not in that setup.

Last edited by astrozombie; 09-17-2010, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Pedals?

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Scott View Post
                  Pedals?
                  everything in that drawer is modulation.

Comment

Working...
                  X