Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rev + Pearly + Fender Deluxe

Originally posted by J Moose View Post
    FWIW one of trey anastasio's main recording amps for the last several years has been a brown deluxe. Sounds pretty incredible... we used it for some tracks on the Swampadelica record while recording at The Barn.
    Thats pretty rad...I've actually never seen even a pic of Trey w/o a BF Deluxe reverb but thats pretty cool.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
      6G3 is a brown Deluxe...I don't know that there ever really was an "A"...
      I guess what I'm saying is you know how the bandmasters had two different vibrato circuits, one of them better than the other? Well the brown deluxe seems to have the same thing or similar... wondering if there was one or two versions on the deluxe amps, or only one version. Looking for a project.
      7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by joelap View Post
        I guess what I'm saying is you know how the bandmasters had two different vibrato circuits, one of them better than the other? Well the brown deluxe seems to have the same thing or similar... wondering if there was one or two versions on the deluxe amps, or only one version. Looking for a project.
        Well, there were differences in the Bandmasters but the brown Deluxe never really changed that I know of...there was the last of the 5E3 tweed Deluxe amps then the brown 6G3 hit in mid 1960...it stayed the same amp until it was changed to the blackface Deluxe and Deluxe Reverb in 1964.

I don't know of any circiut changes to the 6G3 at all...
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Is it a tremolo or the pitch bending vibrato? Looks like tremolo and I was misinformed and thought it was the pitch bendy thing.
          7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by joelap View Post
            Is it a tremolo or the pitch bending vibrato? Looks like tremolo and I was misinformed and thought it was the pitch bendy thing.
            It's a bias trem....no pitch bend on the Deluxe.

Small Fenders didn't get the pitch vibrato...

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
              Thats pretty rad...I've actually never seen even a pic of Trey w/o a BF Deluxe reverb but thats pretty cool.
              I don't think the brown deluxe has ever left The Barn... strictly a recording thing. IIRC Carini said its all over the records done there, Farmhouse, Undermind... his solo project. I have pictures of it from our sessions somewhere... its for sure on the song SFOS. Can't recall what else actually made the record that it might've been on...
              J. 'Moose' Kahrs
              mixer|producer|recordist
              mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
              All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

GWIF, will do. But I doubt I ever let it go.

I researched them quite a bit before buying one, and I am pretty sure that there was only the 6G3 variety. No A or B types like the Bassman.
                www.HI-TONE-Amps.com

Comment

I always liked the Rev's tone,just raw.
                  "knowledge speaks,wisdom listens" Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                  X