Which amp is for me?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which amp is for me?!

I'm a heavy player of metal, and hard rock (Bring Me The Horizon, A7X, Bullet For my Valentine)
    I've been looking at a DigiTech RP500 pedal.. what amp would go well with that?!
    I've also been looking at a Peavy Vypyr 75w.
    opinions? D:
    /ragequit

Re: Which amp is for me?!

a Digitech RP500 would be very redundant with a Peavey Vypyr 75.

I don't think you need a ****load of bells, whistles and effects for heavy stuff...you just need a solid, heavy distortion tone.

I would start looking at BlackStar and Jet City Amps...good budget-friendly heavy-voiced all-tube amps.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

In a rare instance, I would agree with Pockets on that.

Just find a good, solid tube amp that delivers the sound you want without the the Digitech in the mix. Then play with the Digitech to your heart's delight.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

if you have the digitech, get a good clean amp and use the distortion models in the pedal. otherwise, see above

Comment

Peavey Ultra? Peavey VTM with a super overdrive in front (you'd need a cab for that though)?
          Blessed is he who expects little for he shall not be disappointed.
          You can educate ignorance but you can not educate stupidity.

Originally posted by stratocastered
          In a world where its necessary for a man to wax his chest, you'll find me parallel parking perfectly with a 12-pack and a full beard.
          http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/11...65/Artist/link

Comment

You really dont need anymore modeling gear with the Digi so I would go with a Jet City, good amp for a good price.

Comment

Spare yourself the disappointment of the blinking lights and "versatility."

What you want is a good amplifier, not necessarily an "easily attainable" amplifier.

I had my first processor / floorboard in 1997.

I had my first good amp in 2008.

I lament the 11 years between thinking I could simulate the sound I wanted, and realizing I couldn't.

There is truly no substitute for a good amp.
              my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

These guys have it right...get an amp with a great metal/hard rock tone. Then, any effect you use from the Digitech pedal will sound it's best.
                - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

I've decided to go with a Jet City JCA2112RC, with DigiTech RP1000 Pedal.
                  /ragequit

Comment

Originally posted by JStrummyStrings View Post
                    I'm a heavy player of metal, and hard rock (Bring Me The Horizon, A7X, Bullet For my Valentine)
                    OMG... I don't get what the kids are listening on these days

Comment

How much money actually?

I would check Fryettes and Splawns (as I already do anyway).

Deliverance and Nitro seem to be close money-wise. 60W one channel vs 100W two channels. Quieter levels friendly amp vs Louder ones.

I'm still undecided. Oops...thinking "loudly"....visually.....anyway
                      Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by JStrummyStrings View Post
                        I've decided to go with a Jet City JCA2112RC, with DigiTech RP1000 Pedal.
                        This rig will be capable of basically everything.

I would still consider looking at the Blackstar stuff just because they have channel switching and FX loops

but Jet City's li'l 20 watt combo is bad ****in ass.
                        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                          This rig will be capable of basically everything.

I would still consider looking at the Blackstar stuff just because they have channel switching and FX loops

but Jet City's li'l 20 watt combo is bad ****in ass.
                          Which is why I wanna roll with this set up.
                          Complete versatility to attain that tone of any genre.
                          /ragequit

Comment

Bogner Uberschall... I mean, you have two kidneys, right? If you sell one, you MIGHT be able to afford it. Other than that, Check the used market. If you want something good and giggable, I have always liked the Peavey 5150 Combos, even though they are extraordinarily heavy...
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
                            Originally posted by Securb
                            The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

The VOX AD100VT-XL had great metal tones, such a variety!

Comment

Working...
                              X