JSX amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JSX amps

I think the most appropriate phrase for Joe would be: "Mr Data. Make it so."

Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
      was the JSX bassed off of any particular Marshall or any other amp to begin with? Or was it just Joe setting up an amp with a particular voicing that he wanted?
      Joe used the XXX as the basis. He liked the crunch channel. The clean channel was based on a Classic 50.

I always thought the Peavey's were a little "metal" sounding for what he does. The G# with Malmsteen were the prototypes and were the worst sounding. The JSX got better as he developed it though.

The live in SF DVD has some of his best tones IMO which were Marshalls

Comment

Originally posted by AudioWonderland View Post
        Joe used the XXX as the basis. He liked the crunch channel. The clean channel was based on a Classic 50.

I always thought the Peavey's were a little "metal" sounding for what he does. The G# with Malmsteen were the prototypes and were the worst sounding. The JSX got better as he developed it though.

The live in SF DVD has some of his best tones IMO which were Marshalls
        The clean clean is it's own incarnation. Joe wanted zero breakup and a full rich sound. No other Peavey amp can do what the JSX clean channel can.
        The crunch channel is based on the Classic 50's gain channel, but with more gain added.
        The ultra channel is based on the XXX's crunch channel, but again, with more gain added.
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Working...
        X