Dual Resistafier Pedal Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Resistafier Pedal Review

A friend of me recently got himself a Dual Resistafier and I had opportunity to try it out before I send to him (Turkey). Below are the sound clips I have recorded.

DualResistafier

Here is the setup in connection order:

Guitar (Jackson Dinky - JB with A8 used only - tuned to D with 11g stings)
    Freyette Valvulator I - Vacuum Tube Buffer
    Dual Resistafier (Everything 12 o'clock except for Gain for red channel set to 3 o'clock)
    Freyette 2/90/2 Tube Power Amp (Low Power 60W mode with Everything set to 12 o'clock)
    2x12 Guitar Cab loaded with Celestion G12k-100s
    Behringer XM8500 mic (Shure SM58 clone)
    POD X3 mic pre (only one I had)

I have recorded 9 samples

Green (gain 50%)
    Cab Simulation Output (Switch on the left)
    Cab Simulation Output (Switch on the middle)
    Cab Simulation Output (Switch on the right)
    No Cab Simulation

Red (gain 75%)
    Cab Simulation Output (Switch on the left)
    Cab Simulation Output (Switch on the middle)
    Cab Simulation Output (Switch on the right)
    No Cab Simulation

Plus a bypassed recording just for reference and a quick mix created using the 8 samples. Riff is from song of mine called BrutallyJoyful. Let me know if you like it.

I think this is one of the best distortion pedals out there. It does the Dual Rectifier sound extremely well. It is even better in home recording conditions. I haven't had the chance to try it with a band but I will ask my friend as soon as he gets his hands on it. Green and Red channels sounded same to with same setting so I set the gain at different level when recording.

I tend to find the output without cab simulation a little bit too harsh sounding even used with all these tube equipment. If you were to get one of these pedals I strongly recommend you get the one with built in cab simulation.

Construction seems be decent but not extremely solid. Paint job was very poor. There are dents and scratches on the chassis. My friend tried to contact the guy (jimosity) who build them there was no help (as of today, I will update this if the situation changes). He sprayed over the white knobs and stickers with green paint. IMO, this should not have been the case for $250 and nearly 8 weeks of waiting. It also does not come with a power supply. Maybe it is not a big deal for players with a lot of other pedals but I was not one of them.

Pedal gets a 4 out of 5 from me due to poor customer service, lack of power supply, paint job and construction.
    Last edited by cakire82; 12-08-2010, 05:58 PM.
    "We live thinking we will never die. We die thinking we had never lived. Cut it out." - Jason Becker

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change" - Heraclitus

sigpicHouse of Jackson, Charvel, ESP, BC Rich, Dean etc.. Fans. Come and Join us!

Re: Dual Resistafier Pedal Review

I like what I'm hearing on their site. I've never been sure a recto would be ideal for me but having the tone in pedal form for 200$ can't be a bad thing... thanks for the review!

Comment

Working...
    X