Marshall Silver Jubilee Slash vs Mesa Triple Rectifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Silver Jubilee Slash vs Mesa Triple Rectifier

Thinking about trading my Marshall for the Mesa. What are the pros and cons of each. I've never played a Mesa, but have always been interested. Anybody have experience with each?
    Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

---Gearjoneser
    he was trying to convince her to swing.

That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

Re: Marshall Silver Jubilee Slash vs Mesa Triple Rectifier

I'd rather keep the the Slash Jubilee. It allows you to get most popular Marshall tones from clean to highgain.

The Mesa has that signature Rectifier chunk, but is drier than the Marshall's sustaining sweetness.

The Triple Rec is versatile and modern, so in a perfect world I'd say to hang onto your Marshall, then seek out a Mesa as a second amp, so you can have a whole bunch of signature highgain tones.

But given the choice, I'd take the Slash Jubilee.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

. . . ^^^ + 100
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Both are pretty much opposite of each other tonally so guess it depends on the sound you're going for.

Me personally, for the way I play and what I play I'd take the Marshall any day of the week.

Comment

if you do you will be so happy for a few weeks like its the best thing you ever did.....then slowly but surely you will wish you kept the marshall!
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

One thing to consider...it is hard to solo on a Rectifier.

Comment

I would keep the marshall, no question about it.
              2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
              Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
              Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                if you do you will be so happy for a few weeks like its the best thing you ever did.....then slowly but surely you will wish you kept the marshall!
                Story of many lives right there!

The always looks greener, but all-too-often it's not so green once you get there.
                "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Marshall nuff said.
                  Originally posted by grumptruck
                  No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                  Originally posted by Gear Used
                  PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                  Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                  Mesa Stiletto Ace
                  Gurus 5015
                  Mesa Widebody 1X12
                  Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                    Is that before or after the late night drunk call???? "I made a mistake...."
                    Originally posted by grumptruck
                    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                    Originally posted by Gear Used
                    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                    Mesa Stiletto Ace
                    Gurus 5015
                    Mesa Widebody 1X12
                    Pedalboard

Comment

I agree. Keep the Marshall. You can't go wrong with that tone. I've never tried the triple rectifier, but have played the dual rectifier model. It was real nice, but not enough to give up a decent Marshall.
                      "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Keep the Marshall, then get a Recto.

I would pick a Recto over a Marshall, but wouldn't let the Marshall go if I already had it. Very different feels in those two amps.

*EDIT* Whoever says it's hard to solo on a Recto if full of it. An amp is an amp, either you can play or you can't - it's not the amp's fault.
                        Last edited by Binnerscot; 12-13-2010, 11:47 AM.
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

I'd keep the Marshall just because it's kind of hard to find those amps. Save up your money for the triple rectifier. You can find one of those any day of the week.

Comment

even though im a boogie player, id probably keep the marshall since they're kinda hard to find as Jolly said already. keepin saving up for a dual OR go for a single. you still get the tones just one less channel. also, 50 watts is plenty for most applications esp if you have a sound guy. also, keep in mind that the only difference between a triple and a dual rectifier is an extra 50 watts (triple is 150 - dual is 100) so as said, keep that in mind beacuse unless you're playin the garden, i doubt you'll need 150 watts!! lol
                            GUITARS
                            Jackson Matt Tuck Sig RR - EMG 81/85
                            ESP Viper 301 - Distortion
                            Dillion Acrylic V - stock
                            Tradition Strat - stock

AMPS
                            Mesa Single Rectifier 1x12 combo
                            w/ Marshall JCM900 1936 cab 2x12 w/ GT-75's
                            sigpic

Comment

While a Mesa triple rec would be a whole lot of fun I would not part with that Marshall.

Comment

Working...
                              X