OMG... this the ultimate tool for midi freaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG... this the ultimate tool for midi freaks

ladies and gentleman... the GLAB Guitar System Controller GSC-5 is here. It looks pretty sweet.
    http://www.glab.com.pl/gsc-5_en

Re: OMG... this the ultimate tool for midi freaks

That looks amazing.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Hmmm, looks like a good way to first avoid complicated electronics and using regular stompboxes and real amps only to then get suckered into a blinkenthingie that might bail out on you again.

Comment

I looked into the older model GSC-3 when I was looking to control my Splawn via MIDI, but managed to find a simpler and cheaper way of doing it.

If I were looking for a more indepth unit that gave more control than my current setup, I'd definitely consider the GSC range.

Comment

Hmmm, kind of like a MIDI rack on the floor. It looks like it is just a different format than something like a GCX/Ground Control/Amp Gizmo, while performing the same/similar duties.

I can see how this would appeal to some.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Brow View Post
            I looked into the older model GSC-3 when I was looking to control my Splawn via MIDI, but managed to find a simpler and cheaper way of doing it.

If I were looking for a more indepth unit that gave more control than my current setup, I'd definitely consider the GSC range.
            What's worth doing is worth OVER doing!!!
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Binnerscot View Post
              Hmmm, kind of like a MIDI rack on the floor. It looks like it is just a different format than something like a GCX/Ground Control/Amp Gizmo, while performing the same/similar duties.

I can see how this would appeal to some.
              ...with the accesories (that aren't included) it's a GCX/Ground Control/Amp Gizmo in one piece.
              A midi system like this one is a mandatory tool if you have several pedals (front and loop), more than 2 tube preamps and also want to change settings in the preamps... or uses a rack system (like mine).

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                What's worth doing is worth OVER doing!!!
                True to an extent, but when I discovered I have no plans to use pedals, having a MIDI switcher that had controllable loops just seems like a feature I'd never need.

My Rivera MIDI pedal into the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher is more than indepth enough to use with the Splawn!

Comment

I use a Gmajor2's built in relays to control the channels on my Demeter TGP-3. Something like that is overkill for me, as I use all buttons acting as ProgramChange functions. Every setting I have is a different Preset on the Gmajor2. So I have one preset be my basic distortion sound, the next preset is that same distortion with phaser, rather than using IA switches to turn the phaser on/off. It's inefficient, but I only use about 20 presets anyway and it makes remembering where everything easier after a few shots and/or at 1AM. Either way, its good to see some items with the built in pedal loops and a small footprint. God, every midi controller is GIGANTIC!
                  7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Boo, no note on messages! I need those for my guitar synth rig.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X