No announcement yet.

I traded 2 amps for this - good deal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I traded 2 amps for this - good deal ?

my Ibanez Tube Screamer Amp & Kustom Defender let me know it was okay to literally cut my wattage by 90% to 97% from 140 watts down to 5/15 watts and still rock loud. Then I felt more free and able to shop more comfortably, and I landed on 2 amps that handily replaced the 2 aforementioned little guys.

although I love them, and they are cute, and there's nothing wrong with them at all, I knew I would never play them, not even as backups. So I hesitated several times but then liquidated them to get this, which I actually need:

I agree with you that it was the right thing to do and a good deal. I owe about $42 on it. Hope I can lift it without herniating my entire self.
    tele / wolfie
    pittbull 50cl
    greenbacks

Re: I traded 2 amps for this - good deal ?

in b4 "shoulda got the rack version"

I don't want a rack! ever!
    tele / wolfie
    pittbull 50cl
    greenbacks

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Seems like an essential part of a live rig. I'd say it was a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          Me either.
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Furman’s exclusive Power Factor provides a 45A peak current reservoir to minimize the detrimental effects of line impedance on high-current gear such as amplifiers and powered monitors. Clear Tone Technology provides additional line noise filtration tuned for instrument amplifiers for clean and consistent tone. Plus, equipment benefits from professional-level protection thanks to Furman’s exclusive SMP and EVS technologies.
            I'd never even heard of one of these. Sounds cool, though. How much effect does it have on your actual tone? Or did you get it mainly for the protection element?
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
              Me either.
              it's all in the title boys
              you can't spin me up that easily

I can put it here, ready?

"I traded 2 amps for this - good deal ?"

do you guys use power conditioners? hair conditioners? reply however you want but I think you can do better than pretending to be brain-dead!
              tele / wolfie
              pittbull 50cl
              greenbacks

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                I'd never even heard of one of these. Sounds cool, though. How much effect does it have on your actual tone? Or did you get it mainly for the protection element?
                all of the above.

:o)

will follow up to let folks know the difference it makes (pick it up soon)
                tele / wolfie
                pittbull 50cl
                greenbacks

Comment

Originally posted by PVFan View Post

do you guys use power conditioners? hair conditioners? reply however you want but I think you can do better than pretending to be brain-dead!
                  Well, I understand you traded your two amps for that but what does it do?
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                    Well, I understand you traded your two amps for that but what does it do?
                    it's a power conditioner, not just a power strip. It's heavy.

regulates power for consistent voltage if your neighbors all run their washers & dryers and all their lights at the same time or if there is a hospital on the same block as the bar you're playing and the outlets there provide anything from 102 to 121 wildly fluctuating volts

no radio stations coming out of yer speakers, less noise and interference, cleaned up sound

the power in my area and especially my house is crap which is why I got it. It's around 400 bucks.

I've received reports of improved tone also, let's see
                    tele / wolfie
                    pittbull 50cl
                    greenbacks

Comment

It looks like a giant pedal... very ugly.

I prefer the rack version.

Comment

I have a Furman PST-8 for my computer / audio gear. It's nice but I have heard Furman products aren't as good as they once were. And I don't know what you're talking about beyond a Furman power conditioner. Amps traded? New Furman? Comparison to other power conditioners?

Comment

Originally posted by PVFan View Post

I'm not sure how I'm spining anything.

If you didn't want the 2 amps and did want the conditioner it's a fine deal I guess.

I do not use power conditioners or hair conditioners.

How am I pretending to be brain dead?
                          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly_Rancher View Post
                            I have a Furman PST-8 for my computer / audio gear. It's nice but I have heard Furman products aren't as good as they once were. And I don't know what you're talking about beyond a Furman power conditioner. Amps traded? New Furman? Comparison to other power conditioners?
                            yes, new Furman

traded the 2 amps I mentioned for this power conditioner

yes, correct again, new Furman

no comparison, this is my first. I had another thread asking about them, didn't get too many replies. Thought I'd share. I've noticed every time you reply to me you give me crap. Let's see what your next one's like.
                            tele / wolfie
                            pittbull 50cl
                            greenbacks

Comment

I'm not sure how I'm spining anything.

If you didn't want the 2 amps and did want the conditioner it's a fine deal I guess.

I do not use power conditioners or hair conditioners.

How am I pretending to be brain dead?
                              never mind. You're lucky I suppose that you haven't needed one, or maybe you don't like em or think they don't work too well. I may never know which is the case.

I had an uninterruptible power supply made my SL Waber (I think was the name of the co. It would "instantly" switch over to a big battery on power outage) for my computer & peripherals once. When I plugged in a printer, it would blow up. Smoke and stink from electrolytic caps. They would not refund, just would send me a newer *better* one that would blow up like a stinky fog machine. I gave up.

I hope it's not for a reason like that one that you don't use either type of conditioner.
                              tele / wolfie
                              pittbull 50cl
                              greenbacks

Comment

Working...
                              X