Totally unexpected cab score......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Totally unexpected cab score......

The top looks bowed(?) Maybe just the photo?
    Get a chance to crack it open yet?
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

Well I'm still laughing at the sound ..... it's Flippin horrid!!!!! Lol

There's no way it's got Greenbacks in that's for sure. It sounds so bright, Trebley and harsh I nearly cut my dogs in half!! Ha ha ha I'll get the back off tomorrow and see what POS speakers are in there. I'm still undecided whether or not to renovate it but that is the only reason I bought it so I should see it through, so looks like I'll be looking for tolex and grille cloth options in the holiday. Speaker wise I'll just keep looking on the bay and get some old greenbacks, G12H's or G65's... but I'm in no rush.

The top is fine, just an optical illusion.

KAM, you have great eyesight I never even noticed what it said on the back but it looks like you're right!

Comment

Well, GB's can sound bright. They aren't dark speakers. Maybe they are blown out, or were replaced with some crappy Sheffields or something, guess we'll find out...
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

I finally got the back off and it's got Celestion G12-S50's which are very bright sounding... I don't like them at all! No matter, I've got 2 Celestion G65's rated at 15ohms sitiing here which I will pair up with either V30's or G12-30's. I'm going to make a 12mm ply back too and just put the existing one in the garage, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted ready for gigging in the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by RealtyViking View Post
            What goes through your mind when you meet a girl?
            Thats the beauty of it! I don't meet any girls!
            "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
              Here's some pics of the scruffy old beast, haven't had chance to try it yet mind, but it's well beat up! Lol...

You have got to be woofin' me! That Cab is in fantastic condition for its age, and I'd wager thewspeakers are all fine except maybe one possibly.Thats aboout the best cabinet one could reasonably hope to find. Great score! Congrats!
              "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

As much as I really love new looking stuff, I have to say that that cab looks hot. Man, I'd just put in some good/great speakers and play the heck out of that thing.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Cheers Jerry and GuitarDoc. Got a pair of Marshall badged G12-65s rated at 15Ohms and now just need 2 more.... then we'll rock!

Comment

Update.
                    Ok, now we're halfway there...

Comment

Working...
                    X