Getting a BrakeLite SA for Christmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a BrakeLite SA for Christmas.

My first dabbling with attenuators. I was going to get the regular BrakeLite as this is for my Puretone Combo but the SA has dual outs and can stand alone. Anyone have any dealings with either yet?

!

Re: Getting a BrakeLite SA for Christmas.

No, but I will be re-visiting this thread for sure.
    tele / wolfie
    pittbull 50cl
    greenbacks

Comment

A friend has one. Works good, makes his amp sound good......
      Originally Posted by Aceman:
      My ween nearly disappeared into my body this morning.

Comment

I have a Brake lite- it does what it is supposed to do- it attenuates the signal just enough so you can crank your smaller amps (45watts or less) up to where the tubes are 'workin', and still keep a sane level. Seems to work best with non- master volume amps. I usually use it with my SF Princeton reverb, and it's great for that sort of thing.
        Remember the Brake-lite isn't a full on attenuator, it doesn't do bedroom level, unless you are already using a low wattage amp. Most people don't hear the difference between 0 and 1, but it is slight, 2 and 3 position, I use mostly for stage work, position 4 is pretty noticeable, but still no where near bedroom level attenuation.
        It's a pretty transparent unit, but, you soon realize how much power or how hard you push your speakers has a lot to do with the overall tone equation.
        BTW I've never permanently mounted my Brake lite- I either lay it in the bottom on my combo, or, set it on top of my head, so I use it with different amps.
        Last edited by marvar; 12-18-2010, 10:59 PM.
        " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

this is the white one, not the big gray one? (both from Dr. Z)

edit
          I got the impression from the store I got mine that the gray one works better for bigger amps
          Last edited by PVFan; 12-18-2010, 11:36 PM.
          tele / wolfie
          pittbull 50cl
          greenbacks

Comment

This is the white one. I had emailed DR Z a while back and asked about if they offered a model with two speaker outs. They had told me to use a cable splitter which they provided an example. 4 months later the SA came out w/ two speaker outs.

My H&K Puretone is rated @ 25W @ 16 ohm (speaker in cab is 16) and 40 @ 8 ohm so this unit should work out great. I can rarely get the volume past 1. Gigging between 1 and 2.
            !

Comment

Working...
            X