Clear All

• Any Broken effect pedals

Hi guys,

Any broken Effect pedals,

why/how did it broke ?

how did you fixed it ?

thanks

Re: Any Broken effect pedals

All of my effect pedals are still working, even though I dropped them a few times

but I worry about the footswitches of my 5 Cool Cats, dont know how long they will last
    Last edited by bryan the rocker; 12-21-2010, 04:14 AM.

Comment

If it happens, it's a perfect opportunity to learn to work on your own stuff.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Old Ibanez TS-8. Battery connector broken. Respliced.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

I've had to fix three different Boss pedals that had their switch go (wouldn't reliably turn on/off when you stomped on the pedal). Takes about 2 minutes of soldering and a two dollar part from Small Bear electronics.

I've got an EHX Small Stone phaser that was damaged during delivery and only made loud buzzing when turned on. Opened up the pedal and the input jack was shorting to one of the components, so I just unscrewed it, twisted it around, and screwed it back in. Worked like a charm.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Had plenty effects on my surgery table so far
            All kinds of repairs actualy, replacing inductors, jacks, IC's, switches, powersupply, transistors, ...
            Replacing FET-switches (like used in Boss for example to switch on and off) was amongst it too. I would not worry to much if any of your Cool Cat's switches broke down, they are fairly easy to replace and the component needed does not cost much at all.
            "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

BF-3 goes kinda mental after a few minutes turning on and off making loud thump noises havent fixed it.
              Holy Grail makes a massive whine instead of reverb not fixed
              Rocktron Nitro Booster sound like a bad fuzz havent fixed it will try to soon i think not sure how though.
              Ibanez Flanger - Input signal didnt come through, soldered between input and compnents due to pcb crack and now works fine.
              Gondola Kid
              Bandcamp
              Facebook
              JimijaymesGuitarist
              Youtube

Comment

My vintage wired Crybaby's pot was getting scratchy, then stopped working all-together. I replaced it with a hotpotz.

Then the switch stopped working. I replaced it. But the replacement switch wasn't high enough, so I glued little bits of plastic on it in order to be able to switch it on and off.

Other than that I've had no problems with my limited experience with boxes.
                "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
                "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
                "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
                "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Working...
                X