banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mad Professor versus Mad Professor CB pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Professor versus Mad Professor CB pedals?

The CB pedals are almost half the price of the regular Mad Professor pedals they're copying. Where do those price differences / sacrifices come from in terms of pedal sound and quality?

Would they pass a blind test?

I always wondered about things like this. An abstract example... If they're so confident that Diet Dr. Pepper is supposed to taste exactly the same as regular Dr. Pepper, and they say you won't notice any difference in flavor, why not just make the Diet, pour it in the regular can, and not bother telling anyone?

I'm thirsty.
    Last edited by wickenspoet; 12-20-2010, 11:40 AM.

Re: Mad Professor versus Mad Professor CB pedals?

The cheaper ones have a pcb in them; the expensive are handwired to chassis mounted parts. A friend has two of the cheaper ones and they really sound good.
    Originally Posted by Aceman:
    My ween nearly disappeared into my body this morning.

Comment

I am happy they realized that all that handwired BS is not worth their asking price

Comment

I'd comment, but I only have one Mad Professor (which just came in today!!!). The Sweet Honey Overdrive. So far it sounds quite cool!

I don't think the handbuilt ones worth the super high price if you can get the same (if not very damn close to it) for a lesser price.
        "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
        "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
        "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
        "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Working...
        X