• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Thorn does the PlexiTone right!

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
    “Practice cures most tone issues”

Re: Pete Thorn does the PlexiTone right!

That is some of the best tone I've ever heard out of a pedal. Even before he played EVH I was thinking this would do a fantastic eddie tone. Versatile though

Comment

that's literally more marshall sounding than my marshall... and I have a decent one.
      Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

great demo, would luv to see him with a BSIAB...

Comment

I wonder what that would sound like through my Plexi... Might be like trying to divide by zero...

Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

nice. pro player great gear.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

DAMN. Dude can play. Some tasy stuff right there despite not being too original... sure wish I had his chops

As for the PT, everyone on here already knows it's an amazing pedal, no need for my validation

Comment

And six years after it was released
                Funny to see how things goes up and down, and back again!
                And man he can play!
                Love that he used the bass through it as well....

Comment

As if I didn't have enough pedal GAS as it is... Now this makes me want one pretty badly after hearing it through the bassman. Sounds incredible through that amp in particular.

Comment

Well it will turn into two kinds of PT's.....
                    One 9v single channel version with an internal voltage booster...as it will still be a split supply powered pedal.
                    And the regular will still be avaible......most likely also with 9v in in the future...

Comment

Great video... really well done... goes without saying!

When I got the plexitone several weeks back my reaction was about the same. Didn't take long to rip my board apart and stick it on there! I could never find one to try in any store, don't know why... I got a used one out of the trading post here and have kicked my own ass for NOT trying it sooner. Yeah... its expensive and its big but good gravy... worth every bit and then some!!!

The really funny thing is that I didn't really think I'd be keeping it for too long... just wanted to try it. All the "marshall in a box" talk and well, I have a Zvex distortron too. Also a great pedal, MXR sized "marshall in a box" and I figured there'd be some overlap but not so much. Its like plugging into a completely different amp.

The Vex is more like a pushed plexi with low-watt speakers crying and at the edge of self-destruction... really fat and loose.

Plexitone is more like a hopped-up, gain modded plexi with some higher-wattage speakers. Very tight and articulate...

Not a good box to use if you're having a bad day!
                      J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                      mixer|producer|recordist
                      mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                      All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
                        Well it will turn into two kinds of PT's.....
                        One 9v single channel version with an internal voltage booster...as it will still be a split supply powered pedal.
                        I'm not sure I'd trade the big one in on the Jr... having the two channels/modes with the boost is wicked and IMO part of the magic. Really covers a lot of ground.
                        J. 'Moose' Kahrs
                        mixer|producer|recordist
                        mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                        All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

It was never meant to be a two channel one in the first place....neither to have boost!
                          Hehe

Comment

Vasshu...i live in Australia and we use 240v from the wall...is there anything i need to know about powersupply for this pedal?
                            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

A lot of these Pete Thorn vid's pop up here lately. He's an amazing player with great gear taste, it's all about being practical and no frills. Just rock it, I like that approach.

Comment

Working...
                              X