New amp for Christmas day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New amp for Christmas day

Got the new Ibanez tsa15h. Haven't put much time into it yet, but it's looking like a keeper. The cleans are oh so sweet, I don't know about the tubescreamer section yet. It's not that it's bad, I guess I just haven't found the magic spot yet. I almost like the clean side with a pedal better than the ts. Hopefully Sunday will be a day of twiddlin' dials!

Re: New amp for Christmas day

Originally posted by rjudo View Post
    Got the new Ibanez tsa15h. Haven't put much time into it yet, but it's looking like a keeper. The cleans are oh so sweet, I don't know about the tubescreamer section yet. It's not that it's bad, I guess I just haven't found the magic spot yet. I almost like the clean side with a pedal better than the ts. Hopefully Sunday will be a day of twiddlin' dials!
    Cool! I hope you have a great day playing.

Comment

Those amps have my attention. Is it the head or the combo and what country are you in? it's 10 PM on xmas eve here in California.

Comment

I played one of those last month, the cleans were awesome but when I had the tubescreamer on its seemed muddy. I think I would have liked just running an OD pedal through it also...
        Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

when you have a good clean tone, you have almost everything you need.
          Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
            I played one of those last month, the cleans were awesome but when I had the tubescreamer on its seemed muddy. I think I would have liked just running an OD pedal through it also...

That's kind of where I'm at with it. A friend played one for a few hours at the shop and he's convinced he found THE setting for the ts. He will be over with his rig tommorrow, so we will see. Honestly though, if I never use the ts side, the clean side is worth the price.

Jolly, i't the head and I'm on the east coast.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
              It would be a good platform for opening up and replacing or modding the TS circuit. That's what it sounds like to me

Comment

Get a good clean and you can add anything else to it that you want (if you need to).
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolly_Rancher View Post
                  It would be a good platform for opening up and replacing or modding the TS circuit. That's what it sounds like to me
                  It'll be interesting to see if anyone comes up with some mods for this one. I don't pretend to be the tonemaster, but the ts is missing something. Not quite the same as having a ts pedal in front of your amp.

Comment

Originally posted by rjudo View Post
                    It'll be interesting to see if anyone comes up with some mods for this one. I don't pretend to be the tonemaster, but the ts is missing something. Not quite the same as having a ts pedal in front of your amp.
                    Send me one and I'll invent some mods for everyone. All you need is a DMM, soldering tools, the Schematic, maybe some tone stack simulation programs, and parts. A little knowledge helps, but if you know enough dive in and mod a circuit, then you could probably come up with specific mods for anything. Tube poweramp circuits are another story.

Comment

Working...
                    X