Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Pedal Board

Originally posted by guitarkid View Post
    Sounds interesting... I'll give it a try and let you know.
    Thanks in advance for checking out the bypass system for me Guitarkid!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

I like it. I would think you can cover a lot of things as well. How are you liking (if you are) stacking the OD into the distortion?

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
        why the distortion and the overdrive knobs are covered?
        Sorry, I forgot to take the covers off when I took the pic. lol
        Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
        To hide Guitarkid's special settings!!!
        They are covered simply to protect them, like you can't accidently move the pot-settings with your foot or whatever when engaging/disengaging it. I think it is a nice feature, but a CLEAR piece would have been better imho, so you could still see the settings, while keeping all the protection the regular one provides.
        Yup, you guessed it, I can't have people copying my tones! Haha
        Thanks in advance for checking out the bypass system for me Guitarkid!
        I just tried it out, I played through the pedals and when I unplugged the power supply from one of the hardwires I didn't have any sound coming through... so you're right, I guess they aren't "true" bypass.
        Originally posted by drpietrzak View Post
        I like it. I would think you can cover a lot of things as well. How are you liking (if you are) stacking the OD into the distortion?
        I like it very well, I first started out with the OD and Distortion switched the other way but when both of them were on it sounded boomy, kind of muddy, and I just didn't like the way it sounded... so I switched them around this way and it sounds great!
        Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

I just tried it out, I played through the pedals and when I unplugged the power supply from one of the hardwires I didn't have any sound coming through... so you're right, I guess they aren't "true" bypass.
          Thanks for checking Guitarkid, I aprreciate it!

Yep, if your pedal is off, and you then unplug power suppy from that pedal (that is off) and yours sound does not come through any more, they are not as "true" bypass as they claim it to be (as often, not Harwire alone that does that).
          I guess they don't suck tone (or too much)? I think you should have noticed if they did, if all the pedals are off, you would go through six of them, if those pedals would be "tone sucking", because they still load the signal to the board when bypassed, you should notice the difference in sound when comparing this to playing directly into your amp (guitar,cable,amp).

Thanks again for the info mate!
          "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

The Boss pedal and digidelay may be the only ones that is not.

Comment

Originally posted by drpietrzak View Post
              The Boss pedal and digidelay may be the only ones that is not.
              What exactly do you mean? May be the only 2 that does not "suck" tone? Or maybe the only 2 that that are not "true" bypass?
              As far as I know the Dunlop 535Q is not "true" bypassed but has an input buffer. The Boss and DigiTech both have FET-switching with an input buffer as well, and Guitarkid tested a harwire in the off position when disonnecting it from his power supply and he lost his signal, meaning those are not "true" bypass either. I am not saying there will be tone "sucking" going on as per definition with buffered input pedals, but just pointing out that none of the six pedals on the board seems to be "true" bypass. (pointing out that "true" bypass has become a therm raped by marketing departments and therefor sowing a lot of confusion often amongst the customers on the market)

Comment

Thanks for checking Guitarkid, I aprreciate it!

Yep, if your pedal is off, and you then unplug power suppy from that pedal (that is off) and yours sound does not come through any more, they are not as "true" bypass as they claim it to be (as often, not Harwire alone that does that).
                I guess they don't suck tone (or too much)? I think you should have noticed if they did, if all the pedals are off, you would go through six of them, if those pedals would be "tone sucking", because they still load the signal to the board when bypassed, you should notice the difference in sound when comparing this to playing directly into your amp (guitar,cable,amp).

Thanks again for the info mate!
                Ya no problem man!

Comment

Ya I've been looking at that and the delay too, but its not in the budget right now. lol
                  I couldn't recommend the delay enough. AWESOME pedal and very versatile!
                  -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                  I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Originally posted by SrDeMaFp View Post
                    I couldn't recommend the delay enough. AWESOME pedal and very versatile!
                    One of my friends had one and said it was the best delay he ever had and he wished he had never sold it, I'll probably get one when I have some more funds.

Comment

Working...
                    X