Laney Klipp in a pedal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney Klipp in a pedal ?

I love the tones of a Laney Klipp, but i am not willing to pay the stupid asking prices that thses classic amps go for.

I recently discovered this BIG (Spannish made) "pedal" that claims to sound like a Laney Klipp, as it is based on the Preamp of said Laney.

Do you guys know anything about this product ?
    A few folks over over at HC Forums and TGP (i am not a member there) have one, but did not answer my questions i have asked them.

http://faustone.com/ - very pricey (but cheaper than the amp)

Comes complete with a 120V/240V voltage selector

Any info welcome guys !
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: Laney Klipp in a pedal ?

. . . the real thing :

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

Comment

Comment

Hi Jack

Unfortunately I will not be able to help you much on this one, since I did not know this pedal until now.
        Pretty sure is that this thing is far from your regular stompbox, it's not even a "real" stompbox, but a true double tube pre-amp in a stombox housing.
        The concept makes me think a bit about the Matchless Hotbox (recently asked after by another poster).
        My guess is that you will not find pedals of this type at a true "cheap" price, I know the asking price of 350 euro is a lot of money, but for this type of device that price is about expectable (to say the least).

BTW: have you noticed that if you buy a new one from Faustone now, you will get the Valve Klipper MARKII it seems, you get an extra footswitch and pot with the MarkII.
        "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
          Hi Jack

Unfortunately I will not be able to help you much on this one, since I did not know this pedal until now.
          Pretty sure is that this thing is far from your regular stompbox, it's not even a "real" stompbox, but a true double tube pre-amp in a stombox housing.
          The concept makes me think a bit about the Matchless Hotbox (recently asked after by another poster).
          My guess is that you will not find pedals of this type at a true "cheap" price, I know the asking price of 350 euro is a lot of money, but for this type of device that price is about expectable (to say the least).

BTW: have you noticed that if you buy a new one from Faustone now, you will get the Valve Klipper MARKII it seems, you get an extra footswitch and pot with the MarkII.

I am OK w the price, IF the "pedal" will outlast me, and not die 2/3 years down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
            I am OK w the price, IF the "pedal" will outlast me, and not die 2/3 years down the line.
            Well, if you look at the features list on the website, it looks like they are being built with quality parts.

I cannot imagine that the unit would die out any sooner than any other comparable quality unit.

I would LOVE to try one someday though!
            Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
            I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Nasty...indeed!

Comment

. . . ^ ^ ^ thats what i thought too

Comment

Working...
                X