Need help quick! Silvertone content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help quick! Silvertone content

Those of you that are familiar with them--if you were to put one in a new cabinet and put a really efficient speaker in there like a cannabis rex, would it keep up volume-wise with a DRRI? Obviously it would have less headroom than the deluxe reverb, but I'd plan on using them in stereo and using the 1482 to thicken up the sound

I may have an awesome deal on one of these, but I need to move on it fast if I'm gonna do it
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: Need help quick! Silvertone content

Which Silvertone??
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

****! lol 1482. I should also add that the DRRI would have something like a g12h30
      Last edited by drew_half_empty; 12-29-2010, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty View Post
        Those of you that are familiar with them--if you were to put one in a new cabinet and put a really efficient speaker in there like a cannabis rex, would it keep up volume-wise with a DRRI? Obviously it would have less headroom than the deluxe reverb, but I'd plan on using them in stereo and using the 1482 to thicken up the sound

I may have an awesome deal on one of these, but I need to move on it fast if I'm gonna do it
        I think it would.

Never used one, but i feel it would keep up with a Deluxe Reverb.
        Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Sorry...I can tell I'm tired!

So you're wanting to run a 1482 with a Can Rex w/ a DRRI loaded with an H30 and you want to know if the 1482 will keep up?

If thats the question the answer is yes....

Now, the DRRI will more than liklely have more headroom and due to the different tones of each amp one might have more apparent loudness but I think you'll be more than fine.

I almost never use just one amp these days but I never use 2 of the same amp so there are different wattages, speakers, tones...all mixing together and all working just fine.

I think you'll be pleased with the results...
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

AWESOME, that's exactly what I wanted to hear--I want the DRRI to be slightly louder and more of a "base-tone" and the 1482 to break up more and just add thickness

Updates in the near future!

Comment

1482 is a terrific sounding amp. I think it compliments a DRRI very well.
              Danny Gatton: The Telemaster Archives

Comment

Crap, outbid at the last second

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty View Post
                  Crap, outbid at the last second
                  What did it sell for??

Comment

$181. It was kinda perfect because someone had butchered the cab and made it into a head cause I was planning to rehouse it anyways, but that's a little steep. I'd just as soon pick an unbutchered one up and keep the cab in my closet should I ever choose to sell it

Normally they seem to be going for about $350 though, which is a little steep in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                    X