NAD: 31st Jan 2010....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: 31st Jan 2010....

Due to the UK government putting up Value added tax (a tax which we pay on items at a store) to 20% (Meaning if something was 100GBP before tax, it would cost 120GBP with tax) I am being forced to purchase this amp with the help of my parents as i haven't got quite enough money for the amp and after the 4th January the amp will cost me 35 gbp more....

The amp, I have decided, Is the VT40+!!!

Terrific amp, played it for about 45 minutes the other day in the shop, very VERy impressed with it, and It seems perfect for tone, Settings, flexibility and all round use for Home, gigging and the studio!

These amps have 99 presets and also have a 'power boost' as i call it, which means you can regulate the overall output wattage of your amp to whatever you want. despite it being a VT40+ the amp will go upto 60w output, loud enough for small gigs and what I need to do!
    Ich bin mein führer

Originally posted by tiptipono
    you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Re: NAD: 31st Jan 2010....

Keep in mind, 60 ss watts is equal to about 15 tube watts. It will get loud, but if you plan to gig with it, be prepared to mic it.
    Those are cool amps by the way, enjoy.

Comment

The boost in VAT doesn't quite hit as hard as you make out, an extra £2.50 in £100 not £20, but I'm glad you made a decision and found an amp that works for you

Comment

Originally posted by Brow View Post
        The boost in VAT doesn't quite hit as hard as you make out, an extra £2.50 in £100 not £20, but I'm glad you made a decision and found an amp that works for you
        prices are still being hiked up for some reason.

and yeah it does
        Ich bin mein führer

you have a mental problem? Your brain gets screwed? You purchased this stupidity over the years or it runs in your family genes?

It's like I tell you to sell your daughter/son to father better than you and buy instead toaster

Comment

Originally posted by karpathion View Post
          Keep in mind, 60 ss watts is equal to about 15 tube watts. It will get loud, but if you plan to gig with it, be prepared to mic it.
          Those are cool amps by the way, enjoy.
          Tube pre amp..... i think??
          Ich bin mein führer

Comment

Working...
          X