New Randall MTS amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Randall MTS amps

I tried the MTS a couple of years ago and I wasn't impressed. Today I played one and was quite impressed. Apparently, and I know very little about them, the new MTS amps are much improved. That's what a friend of mine who works at a music store claims. They also switched to EL34 power tubes.

The modules I tried was the Blackface, Plexi, SL+ and Excstasy. They all sounded really good. The Plexi modules were spot on.

I like the idea of this kind of amp but have no idea how reliable they are. I have never owned a Randall. I might have played maybe 2-3 Randalls at various places and this was one of them. How good are Randall amps? Can they be relied on for gigging?

You never see threads about the Randalls so I'm very interested in knowing whet the average user experience is.
    Last edited by UberMetalDood; 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM.

Re: New Randall MTS amps

I am intrigued by these as well but have never played one.

The only Randall gear I have experience with are their solid state power amps (RP 2/200). I bought a few when they discontinued them and I have used them for years on just about everything. PA power amps, home stereo, bass guitar power amp ect. They have all worked fine and I have yet to experience any problems.
    - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
    Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
    Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
    I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven® of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

I still own a first generation RG200 (solid state,200W) 212-combo from Randall, it had come "child sicknesses" being a first generation, but nothing serious only annoying, up until now it never has let me down. It has seen some decent use, especialy in the past where I used a modeling pre-amp in it's effect loop just using the 200W SS power amp and the Celection speakers that were in it.
      I got a small warm-up amp from Randall too, a WH-40 SE Dimebag Warhead Signature 112 combo, mostly used with a modeling pre-amp through the power amp too. Never had any issues with this one either, but let's say it has seen a lot less stress then the RG200 (I love this little thing btw, looks pretty cool/cute, not that I ever wanted to part with this little thing, but now Dime is not amongst us anymore (R.I.P.!!) I am even more attached to it).

I've also seen an Randall RH50T 50W tube head run without problems for about six years now, no issues with that one either.
      Last edited by The JEM Ghost; 12-29-2010, 08:24 PM.
      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

I owqned to mts amps. The rm50 combo and rm100 head. Very reliable. These were the first editions. They can support el 34s or a mix of the two. Check out the boogie board at grailtone. I may go back to it as a second amp.
        Originally posted by grumptruck
        No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
        Originally posted by Gear Used
        PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
        Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
        Mesa Stiletto Ace
        Gurus 5015
        Mesa Widebody 1X12
        Pedalboard

Comment

Working...
        X