I wanna replace my TU2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna replace my TU2...

...with a Korg Pitchblack. It being true bypass means that the battery power won't drain if I have the pedal off with the input plugged in, right?

I've also been flirting with the idea of just removing the pedal-tuner idea from my board altogether and just going with an Intellitouch Mini clip-on tuner. Am I crazy?

Re: I wanna replace my TU2...

once you go pitchBLACK...you never go back!

don't know about the power question...i have all mine 1-spotted!?
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

dude

Polytune

duh
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
        dude

Polytune

duh
        Ok... it'll do Eb standard.

Will it do Drop C#? The product lit was pretty clear on that it'll do tuning down OK if it's standard relationships, like DGCFAD. It didn't say anything about Drop-tunings, like CGCFAD.
        Last edited by B2D; 12-30-2010, 06:39 AM.

Comment

...with a Korg Pitchblack. It being true bypass means that the battery power won't drain if I have the pedal off with the input plugged in, right?

I am almost positive that is not true.

I've also been flirting with the idea of just removing the pedal-tuner idea from my board altogether and just going with an Intellitouch Mini clip-on tuner. Am I crazy?

Yes...a pedal tuner is a MUST IMO.
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
            100% False. Being true bypass or not has nothing to do with the battery draining when the input is plugged in or not. All TB means is that when bypassed, the signal goes straight from the input jack to the output jack with nothing but a wire between them.

A quick lesson: A majority of pedal manufacturers use TRS jacks at the input (some use them at the output instead, but very very few). The tip= circuit hot, ring=power ground (battery) and sleeve=circuit ground. When a mono plug is inserted in to a TRS jack, the ring and sleeve tab of the jack both touch the sleeve of the plug. The ring tab, now being connected to circuit ground, completes the circuit for the power supply (battery) and the pedal is now active.

Even in bypass mode, the circuit is still active and the battery is still being drained. How much totally depends on the draw of the pedal.

Originally posted by B2D View Post
            Stick with a pedal tuner. Put it at the end of the chain on the pedalboard and use it to mute the whole thing when you need to.

Comment

Thats what I thought...just too early for me to go into detail, thanks Erik!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Why are you considering the Pitchblack? Not anything wrong with it, but I have a TU2 & honestly it works fine. I just ripped the top off of an old Matrix tuner I had so I bought a TU3 & it is pretty much the same thing. A pedal tuner doesn't really have to be super precise. I don't do setups or do intonation on my guitars with it. For that I use my TU12.
                "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                  Yes...a pedal tuner is a MUST IMO.
                  i totally agree yet refuse to put my tu2 inline with timmy. it sits on the amp

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                    i totally agree yet refuse to put my tu2 inline with timmy. it sits on the amp
                    I hear ya.

Mine is in an ISO loop...on the board but not effecting anything else on said board...

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
                      Why are you considering the Pitchblack? Not anything wrong with it, but I have a TU2 & honestly it works fine. I just ripped the top off of an old Matrix tuner I had so I bought a TU3 & it is pretty much the same thing. A pedal tuner doesn't really have to be super precise. I don't do setups or do intonation on my guitars with it. For that I use my TU12.
                      Slightly smaller footprint and I like the way the LEDs look in low light - better visibility.

I have a passive a/b switch that I use to go to my tuner.

Comment

Working...
                      X