Addrock fuzz Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addrock fuzz Reviews

I've been playing with my new toys the past couple days (an addrock germanium fuzz with nkt275 thingy majiggys, an addrock si fuzz, and an addrock boost master).

First impressions: Si fuzz is CRAZY. Seems to have WAY more output than the Germanium, and is brighter and can make my already overdriven JCM800 sound like it is literally going to destroy the universe... loads of fun with a phaser and all... also cleans up amazingly well.

Germanium fuzz... at first sounded all wierd and farty, then guy that traded to me said it's fussy when too cold or too hot (). I let it sit for an hour at room temp and adjusted the bias and it became SMMMOOTTH and sweet.

Not as much output as the Si by a long shot, but does almost get dirtier and cleans up great, but not same as the Si, more robust and girthier clean up if that makes sense. Very much more midrange in sound and doesn't kick the amp in the nuts as hard, and almost feel a DROP in volume, but I think that's the compression as when I play into the clean input it's a bit louder... not much, but a bit. Definably more tame and 'older' sounding.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Re: Addrock fuzz Reviews

Then the boost master: Has a drive, volume and a little toggle for treble or full boost.

Treble boost is pretty sweet, but it is a little thin sounding for what I want it to do (slam my amp into crunchy chunky goodness). My SD-1 is kinda hard to beat for that lol. In full boost into the JCM it is TOO fat... at least for what I do most of the time. Kinda overlaps the fuzz. It does make harmonics and note separation great though... I just wish it had a 'mid' section in-between the treble and full boost ala the beano boost.

So... fuzz's are cool, Si will probably stay, but the germanium may grow on me... boost probably gonna go.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Interesting findings for sure!

Glad you're enjoying them.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Yeah... I figured I'd plug the germanium in and it would 'blow away' the Si fuzz... not the case. Really are just different flavors of fuzz... both very good and usefull. Don't know which will stay on the board, but both are staying with me for sure.

I can totally see why people collect fuzz pedals lol... they are so different and probably the most expressive dirt boxes. I can max the fuzz on the Si and roll back the volume on guitar and have such a clean spanky sound, bump it up and have a crunchy sound, full on it sounds like the end of the world... it's awesome.

Comment

Another example that the Ge Fuzz (that is a lot more wanted) is not necesarely better then a Si Fuzz!
          They are indeed different flavors, and as with ice cream, there is no best taste, just personal preference!

Thanks for the review mate!
          "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Both are very cool... but yes I like the Si fuzz more for my 'normal' playing. Both are staying

Comment

Working...
            X