NPD! (x2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD! (x2)

went shopping for an OD pedal today. I knew I wanted an SD-1, but when I got to the shop, they also had a used TS9DX for $60, so I tried it too and liked it. The DX is a tubescreamer with an extra knob with 4 different OD options: 1.TS9, 2. TS9+, 3. Hot, 4. Turbo

so I now have a boss SD-1 and an ibanez TS9DX! looks like I might have to start putting a pedal board together. lol

-chris
    2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
    Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
    Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Re: NPD! (x2)

Congratz on your new purchase mate!

I can see in your sig that you own a JCM800, well JCM800 + SD1 = Classic Combo! That's easy tone science haha!

PS: the Keeley 5-star Germanium mod is real good for the SD-1!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

I think I have finally found the sound ive been looking for! Holy cra*! these pedals really make my 800 ROAR!

Let me say first that both pedals sound fansatic through my 800. I found that the TS9DX sounds the best on the normal TS9 setting. I set both the pedals up the same......Volume: full out, drive: 9 oclock, tone: 9 oclock. The TS9 sounds a little fatter in the mids and adds more bite, while the SD-1 sounds a little thinner in the mids, but also adds tons of bite.

Over all, Im blown away with how both pedals sound through my 800.
      Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Didn't I say so??

Glad you like your new pedals mate!! Have fun with them!
        "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Grats man thats awesome !!!

Comment

I cant decide which one I like better........they both sound awesome. But they both not true bypass which kinda sucks, but oh well.
            Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
              I cant decide which one I like better........they both sound awesome. But they both not true bypass which kinda sucks, but oh well.
              If Niels has taught you one thing it would be?
              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
                If Niels has taught you one thing it would be?
                uuuuuuuummmmmm

what?
                Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Caruana View Post
                  uuuuuuuummmmmm

what?
                  lol, Vasshu (Niels) records a lot of his music with pedals that don't have true bypass. There is sort of a forum joke about his true bypass issues.

I've talked to him and he said don't worry about TB. People get too hung up on the little things, they forget to play.
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

I have an SD-1 and a Modded TS-7 that both have been my main-stays regardless of which Marshall I've owned. They both just fit.

Good choices!
                    www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

TB was no issue back in the day....
                      Until some thought that the problem that really did not exists was a problem......
                      Just look at the old guys in the 60's 70's....most had sound people today want...
                      The real trouble has always been impedance, and the mis match between pedals...

Nowadays everyone is a friggin' SuperSensei in the "art" of pedal-jutsu.....
                      So they cardiacly bypassed all der pedals(much easier to do than making a good high to low thing, requires less parts and knowledge too)(unless you really want oldschool, but that is a whole other place to go)

So today people say tonesuck, true bypass, organic, warm and smooth, best, etc etc.....and I go.......YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWNNNN play some music!!!
                      URUSAI on the buzzwords!!!!

But that is just how it is, quite fun to watch and read!
                      So not to be taken all that serious either....and remember to increase the mass of the gear!!!!
                      Hmm gravity boosters.....hmmm maybe I can carve a market niche there???

The allbrand new Garl Wartin Fedal....Gravity-Tone.....

Comment

Working...
                      X