banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the differences between the JVM and the old JMP1 preamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the differences between the JVM and the old JMP1 preamp?

I'll admit, I'm still kicking some tires and revisiting some old gear wish lists. I've always wanted a JMP1 preamp, but they are becoming a bit of a rarity and the ones still in nicer condition are starting to get up there in price, so I'm wondering what the real differences are between the 2 besides the obvious. The JVM heads can be had for a decent price used and all of the clips I've heard have sounded pretty good.

The power of the head could be a problem, but I could always get a good attenuator to "tame" it down a little bit.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Re: What are the differences between the JVM and the old JMP1 preamp?

jmps are midi programmable and switchable between all the amp settings.

The jmp1 only has 2 preamp tubes in it whereas the jvm has 4. They (jmp1) work really well plugging into the fx return and simply bypassing a regular amps preamp.
    You still need an amp to gig wth of course so a jvm would be a good option because you know it will sound good out of the box and wont have 30 years of being picked up and dropped as well as being easier to fix than any digital or micro circuits that you will find in a jmp.
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 01-10-2011, 05:22 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
    X