banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here use 2 angled cabinets to form a stack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here use 2 angled cabinets to form a stack?

I'm just wondering. I have an angled one but im looking at another angled one that this guy would sell me for $100. remember I wanted a cheap cab?

i know that you can put the bottom one on its side or something like that and use 2 angled ones..

Re: Anybody here use 2 angled cabinets to form a stack?

I use two angled cabs, but they are side by side. Works well since I don't like the sound of an upright full stack.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

do you think 2 sideways angled cabs on top of each other would be unstable?

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
        do you think 2 sideways angled cabs on top of each other would be unstable?
        I would think the handles up against each other would cause it to be a tad unstable and off balance, but not too much.

Comment

One on it's side angled left, and one angled right would give you less of a directional beam effect. Have to be a pretty damn big stage, though.

\__||__/ <<---like that.
          - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
          Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
          The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

You really need a full stack, dude?

Not trying to open that whole can of worms again, seriously. But I thought you were looking for another cab just as a backup or something, I didn't realise you wanted/needed both on stage. Just curious about your personal needs.
            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Jeff Beck used to stack 2 top cabs...looked bad ass!!!

I have yet to try it but I will one day!

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Michael Schenker has also stacked his, like Beck's.

Scroll down, and there are a few small pics.
                http://rbaraki.com/misc.htm
                Last edited by whatshisname; 01-11-2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

I'd do a Beck and take the feet off the top one so it would sit flat on the top of the bottom one.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                    You really need a full stack, dude?

Not trying to open that whole can of worms again, seriously. But I thought you were looking for another cab just as a backup or something, I didn't realise you wanted/needed both on stage. Just curious about your personal needs.
                    In short, no. I was just wondering. I like to do this kind of stupid crap in my bedroom.

I'd never do it live.

looks sweet! id be afraid though.

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                      In short, no. I was just wondering. I like to do this kind of stupid crap in my bedroom.

I'd never do it live.
                      You are going to play a full stack in your bedroom?

Comment

lol in a real world i myself have not found use for my 4x12's... but that does not stop me wanting 4 cabs stacked up like the 70's guitarists did... lol

Comment

Originally posted by RealtyViking View Post
                          You are going to play a full stack in your bedroom?
                          Saves on demolition costs.....I'm thinking Back to the future here. Turn it up full and half the house will fall down with the first power chord.

Comment

Originally posted by alexr View Post
                            saves on demolition costs.....i'm thinking back to the future here. Turn it up full and half the house will fall down with the first power chord.
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                              Saves on demolition costs.....I'm thinking Back to the future here. Turn it up full and half the house will fall down with the first power chord.
                              When I had my JCM800, this would have been true.

Its a cheap cab. I like cheap cab. I like visual appeal. I'm also going to be the only guitarist in a 3 piece. I want to park one right and put one on the left.

Comment

Working...
                              X