Fuzz Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuzz Pedals

How come I've never heard anyone mention Devi Ever here before?

I'm sitting listening to her play some live acoustic covers on her Tinychat, come to glance at the forums and find a thread full of references to her pedals. Quite the bizarre coincidence.
    Last edited by Kam; 01-12-2011, 09:35 AM.
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
      There's 2 Hendrix Fuzz's, the Blue and Red. IMO, the Blue is the better one, it got rave reviews, and is the one that really sounds like Hendrix.

I believe the red one is modeled after one he got later on in his career
      Wrong, wrong and wrong...

The red Dunlop fuzz (despite saying JHF) on the PCB is not linked to Jimi in anyway.

The Blue one is silicon and is modeled after one of Jimi later Si Fuzz Faces that he used during the BoG era...

The red one is modeled after nothing except an Arbiter schematic.

IMHO the red one sounds fairly lame at best due to popr quality trannys and half @ssed matchind of said trannys.

The blue one is handmade and uses high quality NOC BC108 trannys and while it does sound very similar to the FF's Jimi used during the BoG it really sounds very little like early Hendrix...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

i think id lik to try the fender blender and fuzzface first.

Comment

The Swollen Pickle would be my first choice, it can get close to the Muff thing but also be tailored to fit a lot of different fuzz sounds.
          Gear:
          Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
          Epi Dot Natural
          Partscaster blackie
          Breedlove Passport Mahogany
          VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
          Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Visual Sound Angry Fuzz is a good pedal. Three knobs: volume (and lots of it), fuzz, and "anger" (octave level). Also it has a bright switch. Small footprint pedal, mid-range price (around $90 I believe), and a decent range of sounds possible.

Here's a sound sample I did a while back using the Angry Fuzz with the H20 for a little delay:
            Volume: ~9:00, Fuzz: 11:00, Anger: 11:00, Bright Switch: off

The power chord parts were the bridge P-90, the single note parts were the neck humbucker in parallel on a P-Rails equipped Sheraton. Egnater Rebel 20 head with eq around noon on all knobs, tube mix center, wattage full, bright and tight off.

Comment

damn it! i need to get my **** together.

1- fender blender
              2- fuzz factory
              3-Fuzz Face

I know theres TONS of fuzz pedals out there, but im only asking about the most popular so i can try those first.

Comment

I have never tried it but it intrigues me...it the Fairfield Four Eyes (Fairfield is up here in Canada). Proguitar shop just came out with a demo.....

Buy Now: https://goo.gl/2R4yQkThe Fairfield Circuitry Four Eyes Fuzz is a must-have pedal for the true six-string adventurer. This thoroughly original design...

Comment

Originally posted by macki View Post
                  I have never tried it but it intrigues me...it the Fairfield Four Eyes (Fairfield is up here in Canada). Proguitar shop just came out with a demo.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyVo96AyZNs
                  Cool! I like the expression pedal idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X