quick Shiva Review Please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick Shiva Review Please?

Bogner Shiva, in 100 words or less please.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: quick Shiva Review Please?

"It will rock your socks off. " That was 6. I can do it in 1......"Fanfreakintabulous."
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
      "It will rock your socks off. " That was 6. I can do it in 1......"Fanfreakintabulous."
      I can name that tune in one one note! lol
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Classic Fenderish spank and Marshallish roar in one box. But quality of tone is second to none. Nice and simple/straight-forward to dial-in. LOUD. Sweet.
        "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Garbage.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by That90'sGuy View Post
            Garbage.

LOL... if serious you should probably just hang-up your axe and try something else.
            "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I can only comment on the 6l6 version, so here goes.

-cleans: fenderish, simple and to the point, loud, clear, warm.
              -dirties: marshallish, very tamable, wide gain range, low noise, clear, loud.
              -other: its got a big tone to it, not a thin or direct/beamy tone. takes pedals well. takes pickups of all output strengths well too.

overall build quality: built like a brick sh1thouse, good components, heavy
              Beer me!
              Originally posted by Kam
              ...This machine runs on pr0n.

Comment

One of the best Fender cleans and hot rod Marshall crunch in a box...

LOVE the 80 watt non reverb, like the 80 watt reverb a little less...not big on the 6L6 version at all

It's more amp than you deserve and way more amp than you know what to do with...

Thats less than 100 words...
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Great Reviews!

Comment

The cleans are as good if not better then any Fender. The Reverb is so incredible. The drive is thick & complex. I prefer it to my Marshall. It has less brightness then the Marshall & has more complexity to the tone. Humbukers sing with the amp yest singles are also extremely crisp & clean. Great great amp!
                    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                      Bogner Shiva, in 100 words or less please.

" NOT as good as the Soldano SLO " (imho)

Sorry, i do not need to get close to 100 words for my view point on 'em !

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                        " NOT as good as the Soldano SLO " (imho)

Sorry, i do not need to get close to 100 words for my view point on 'em !

If we made a thread about amps that don't sound as good as the slo we would be here all day....

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post

If we made a thread about amps that don't sound as good as the slo we would be here all day....

. . . why do i believe you !
                          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
                            I'm here all day anyway. Go ahead and make the thread.

Comment

I just watched a demo of the shiva for the first time on youtube and WOW! crystal clear fende type chime on the clean channel and pure modded marshall type roar on the drive channel. I love it!
                              2015 Knaggs Steve Stevens SSC T2
                              Majik Box Doug Aldrich "Rocket Fuel"
                              Majik Box Filthy Lucre

Comment

Working...
                              X