Mxr 78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mxr 78

mxr unveiled a 78 pedal at namm.. this supposed to be a brown box??
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Mxr 78

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    this supposed to be a brown box??
    Brown Box! , It looks red to me. I`d say with a title like the "78 Distortion" It`s kinda obvious what they`re hinting at and I`ll probalby end up getting one.

When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Any idea on a price yet? Could it be "true brown" without Eddie slapping stripes and a percentage on it?
      EVH: "I'm a tone chaser... I love chasin' tone!"

Comment

There's that photo I took again!

I didn't get the chance to try it out, but odds are I will when my store starts stocking them.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
          There's that photo I took again!

I didn't get the chance to try it out, but odds are I will when my store starts stocking them.
          I forgot that I borrowed that from you , my bad. Now I`m reading that the `78 Distortion may be a take on the RAT
          Last edited by 51501984; 01-17-2011, 11:02 AM.
          When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
            Brown Box! , It looks red to me. I`d say with a title like the "78 Distortion" It`s kinda obvious what they`re hinting at and I`ll probalby end up getting one.

I think it would have been a nice touch if it was indeed in a light brown casing.

...or something simmilar in colour.

Deff gonna look into this one, just because.
            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

...does it offer Evenly Voiced Harmonic distortion?
              Originally posted by XSSIVE
              2011 twittered, it wants the 80's guitar playing talent back.
              Originally posted by formula73

@YHWH: she's not worn out, just broken IN.

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
                I forgot that I borrowed that from you , my bad. Now I`m reading that the `78 Distortion may be a take on the RAT
                LOL no worries. I'm not taking pics for money so I don't care who uses those. I'm just glad my work is appreciated.

Comment

The 78 is NOT a nod to Ed, the Pro Co rat was developed in 1978...the 78 Distortion is based on a Rat by all counts...
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                    The 78 is NOT a nod to Ed, the Pro Co rat was developed in 1978...the 78 Distortion is based on a Rat by all counts...
                    When will GC have $30 version?

Comment

I just sent an e-mail to a contact at Dunlop to iron out the name meaning. i think it's a modded Distortion III circuit with a nod to VH with the '78 name to be honest.
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

the number 78 really only means one thing to me. never before has a date been so engraved in my mind... and not because its when the RAT came out. I don't think many people have looked at a RAT package or ad and read (1978) on it... i do know where else you CAN read (1978) though...

Comment

Just telling you guys what I was told...

Also, it can be both...the 78 part might very well be a nod to Ed however based on my info the pedal is based on a Rat...
                          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I saw this and pooped myself a little bit.....i want it....now... O_O
                            88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
                            Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
                            Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
                            Vox NightTrain 50.
                            My Band

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post

Id love to be able to get a good Brown emulation in a stomp.. I LOVE that tone, but dont want an amp that gives it all the time.

I bought a Toad Works Mr Ed and its pretty cool, but doesnt hit it on the head..
                              wouldnt be bad if it based on the orig Rat circuit.. Ive heard those are much better than the ones after.

Whats the best copy of the orig Rat? Or are the new rats about as good?
                              Last edited by BloodRose; 01-17-2011, 10:11 PM.
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X