No announcement yet.

Do we have any custom cab makers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have any custom cab makers here?

Gonna be getting a cab in the next couple of months. Could always go the Avatar route, but if possible, I would like to a) get a color combination they don't offer and b) give the money to a forum bro. Between AniML's Night Train, my FTL Drive pedal, and my upcoming Zhangbuckers, I'm on my way to a pretty SDUGF-heavy signal chain.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Re: Do we have any custom cab makers here?

I guess not, huh?

Well then, are there any small builders that you guys would reccomend? I'm really digging the stuff at http://miyakodesigns.com/ but I'm not sure if he's still in business or not -- all the info on his site is old and I haven't heard back from an email I sent (though I only sent it yesterday).
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I bet a good cabinet shop could hook you up. Just give them the specs. It's real slow for them with it being winter and the way the economy is right now. You might get a killer deal, who knows. Just a thought.
      "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

emperor custom cabs makes some great cabinets. I had to wait a while but it is one of the best cabinet's i've ever heard. It was pretty cheap too.
        - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
        Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
        Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
        I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven® of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

I have heard good things about this place, but i have never used them. They even have DIY kits.

-Chris

Originally posted by John Suhr
          “Practice cures most tone issues”

Comment

I've been to some custom cabinet shops and no dice. . .but still it is worth trying, especially if you find a small operation that still does things the old way. .

Comment

I have had these guys build me a nice 2x12 cabinet that i am very happy with. They do custom work as well. They have a new site that isn`t yet totally operational/complete but you can still email/PM them.

Welcome to Sourmash Guitar Cabs, where quality doesn't have to cost a fortune. Changing the guitar cabinet world one build at a time. Contact us for all your needs,from 1x10's to 8x12's we will,can,and have done it all. We specialize in custom orders,contact us for prices,you might be surprised. Doing what the other guy's wont or cant do and for much less. The name you can trust!

'Lopoline' also has a good reputation fwiw.
              Changing power tubes really doesn’t change the tone of the amp as much as people think-John Suhr
              And anyway, the real tonal differences in amps come from the circuit design, not the tubes-John Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by ksmith63 View Post
                emperor custom cabs makes some great cabinets.
                I had to wait a while but it is one of the best cabinet's i've ever heard.
                It was pretty cheap too.
                I have to agree with you on that one.
                Their build quality is fantastic !

Now lest hope they ship to Canada.
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
                X